If you are looking for an exciting career in the health care industry, then look no further than the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center.
TTUHSC's vision was to become a nationally recognized nursing program, and they have! In 2011, TTUHSC was ranked among the top in the nation by US News & World Report. They worked hard to receive this honor; students are trained on state-of-the-art equipment by nationally recognized faculty members.
Students receive hands on training at nearby Hendrick Medical Center, Abilene Regional, and other institutions nearby the respective campuses.
Admission requirements vary depending on the particular program you choose. Most require at least a 2.5 GPA in previous college classes and medical or science pre-requisite classes. Specific requirements can be found here www.ttuhsc.edu/.
TTUHSC has seven campuses offering a range of advanced medical degrees. This public university has locations all over Texas.
- TTUHSC School of Medicine -Amarillo, Lubbock and Odessa
- Paul L. Foster School of Medicine -El Paso
- School of Nursing -Abilene, El Paso, Lubbock and Odessa
- Gayle Greve Hunt School of Nursing -El Paso
- School of Allied Health Sciences -Amarillo, Lubbock and Midland
- School of Pharmacy -Abilene, Amarillo, Lubbock and Dallas/Fort Worth
- Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences -Amarillo and Lubbock
Each school and department maintains a career services office to help students find employment.
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Find more information about available programs offered by Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center by clicking the request information button to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
Undergraduate Courses - Tuition Details
- Tuition is estimated to be around $6,400 per year
- Part time students are estimated to pay about $190 to $220 per unit
- Required fees for full-time students: $2,800
Graduate Courses - Tuition Details
- Tuition is estimated to be around $6,300 per year for graduate students
- Part time students are estimated to pay about $240 to $280 per unit
- Required fees for graduate students are around $2,700
- Annual tuition estimates for specific graduate schools:
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||49%||$4,277|
|Student Loans (Federal)||52%||$9,788|
Other Healthcare or Nursing Schools
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center.
- Covenant School of Nursing and Allied Health in Lubbock, TX (5 miles away)
- Dallas Nursing Institute in Dallas, TX (299 miles away)