The University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center (OUHSC) strives to educate and create highly qualified health service practitioners, educators, and research scientists through research and creative activities for the advancement of knowledge. Located within walking distance from the State Capitol in Oklahoma City, the campus houses:
- College of Medicine
- College of Pharmacy
- College of Allied Health
- College of Dentistry
- College of Nursing
- College of Public Health
- Graduate College
OUHSC has more than 800 full-time faculty and 2,400 staff members. Approximately 4,000 students are enrolled in more than 70 undergraduate and graduate degree programs. Research, training grants, and contracts, as well as various sponsored activities have totaled more than $120 million in a single year.
Faculty and students utilize clinical, laboratory, and teaching facilities in the OU Medical Center, University Hospital, Children’s Hospital of Oklahoma, Presbyterian Hospital, Veterans Administration Medical Center, Dean A McGee Eye Institute, Oklahoma State Department of Health, Oklahoma Medical Research foundation, and other affiliate hospitals in the Oklahoma City area, as well as Tulsa. Additional campuses and program sites also include Lawton, Bartlesville, and Duncan.
OUHSC is not only Oklahoma’s major health professions educational institute, but it’s one of only four comprehensive health centers in the nation.
Visit OUHSC’s website (http://www.ouhsc.edu/) for additional information, or the Financial Services page (http://www.ouhsc.edu/financialservices/bursar/tuition_fees.asp) for tuition information.
Below is a list of areas of study that may be available for students. Any linked program will direct you to the respective program's profile page which provides general educational requirements and possible career paths.
Get more information about the programs offered by University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
Undergraduate Courses - Tuition Details
- The estimated tuition range is around $4,300-$5,200 per year
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $140 to $170 per credit hour
- Required fees: $2,300
Graduate Courses - Tuition Details
- Annual tuition estimates are between $4,600-$5,500 for graduate students
- Per unit charges are around $210 for part time students
- Required fees for graduate students are around $1,900
- Annual tuition estimates for specific graduate schools:
- Dental School: $24,000
- Medical School: $24,000
- Pharmacy School: $16,000 (See all Pharmacy Schools in Oklahoma)
Alternate Tuition Plan Options Available
- Some programs may have tuition rates that will remain the same as the first year for up to five years.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||51%||$4,164|
|Student Loans (Federal)||61%||$11,236|
Other Healthcare or Nursing Schools
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center.
- American Institute of Medical Technology in Tulsa, OK (97 miles away)
- Dallas Nursing Institute in Dallas, TX (182 miles away)
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center in Lubbock, TX (280 miles away)
- Covenant School of Nursing and Allied Health in Lubbock, TX (285 miles away)
- Baptist Health Schools - Little Rock in Little Rock, AR (287 miles away)