Veeb Nassau County School of Practical Nursing is located in Uniondale, New York. This Practical Nursing Program is offered over three terms (16 weeks each) that span 11 months—after the first trimester, students can sit for the Nursing Assistant Certification Exam. After successfully completing the program, the graduate can take the state licensing examination.
Veeb Nassau County School of Practical Nursing has contractual agreements with a number of clinical agencies where students will be placed for hands-on-experience in various clinical areas.
Upon completion of the Practical Nursing Program at Veeb Nassau County, the graduate will be able to:
- Meet basic nursing needs of individuals in a variety of health care situation.
- Meet the practical nursing requirements for the National Council Licensing Examination.
- Demonstrate professionalism and other characteristics essential to the position of the practical nurse.
- Continue to pursue their education to benefit their role in the nursing community.
- Promote and maintain health by participating in community activities and other health related organizations.
Student services include utilizing the library facilities, faculty tutoring, and computer lab for self-directed individualized tutoring, financial aid assistance, and counseling services.
Tuition and fees must be paid prior to the start of each trimester class. Amounts for the 2013-2014 school year is $13,000 for Nassau County Residents and $13,500 for non-residents. $2000 is due upon registration—to be applied toward tuition ($500 is non-refundable.)
The program list below was created by historical graduation information reported by the school. This list may not represent the current curriculum offered. Visit the school's website to get more information about programs offered.
Get more information about the programs offered by Veeb Nassau County School of Practical Nursing by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (C)
- Students are charged around $13,000 per year in tuition costs*
- Required fees, excluding tuition, cost about $800*
- 140 students graduated in the last reported year
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition is estimated to be around $14,000 per year
- Required fees: $830
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||68%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||54%||$4,024|
|Receiving Student Loans||63%||$6,059|
Other Healthcare or Nursing Schools
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Veeb Nassau County School of Practical Nursing.
- Mildred Elley - New York in New York, NY (22 miles away)
- Holy Name Medical Center School of Nursing in Teaneck, NJ (26 miles away)
- Eastern Suffolk BOCES - School of Practical Nursing in Patchogue, NY (31 miles away)
- Rockland County BOCES - Practical Nursing Program in West Nyack, NY (36 miles away)
- Putnam - Westchester BOCES Practical Nursing Program in Yorktown Heights, NY (41 miles away)