Formerly known as the York County Area Vocational-Technical School, the York County School of Technology is a public technical school located in Queen St. in York, Pennsylvania. The school accepts students from 14 districts in the York County. The school offers different technical programs and its most recent program is the practical nursing program which was established to meet the demands of the community for technical education in the healthcare industry.
The practical nursing program of the York County School of Technology is approved by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing. Moreover, it is also accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing. Practical nursing graduates from the school are highly regarded in the community as they were able to find jobs in different healthcare environments. The students get classroom instruction as well as internship in different partner healthcare facilities such as Lutheran Home of York, Memorial Hospital, Pleasant Acres, Rest Haven – York and York Hospital.
The passing rate of York County School of Technology in the annual State NCLEX-PN licensure exam is high as the students are given proper support by the school. On the other hand, students who wish to enroll in this school are required to pay different tuition fee rates for both in-state and out-of-state students at $12,448 and $14,223 respectively.
The programs listed below are some of the programs offered by York County School of Technology Practical Nursing. The list may differ from the actual programs offered, for a complete list of what programs are offered students should visit the school's website.
Get more information about the programs offered by York County School of Technology Practical Nursing by clicking the request information to the right.
Practical Nursing, Vocational Nursing and Nursing Assistants (1,540 Hours)
The practical nursing, vocational nursing and nursing assistants program offered on average takes about eleven months to complete.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $15,000*
- Cost of required books or supplies: $900*
- Based on published reports, around 80 students completed the practical nursing, vocational nursing and nursing assistants program last year
- Takes about 11 months to complete
Bus and Truck Driver (200 Hours)
The bus and truck driver program offered on average takes about one month to complete.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $5,000*
- The estimated cost of books or supplies required is $310*
- More than 90 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the bus and truck driver program is about 1 month
Find out more bus and truck driver programs through our bus and truck driver training profile page, which includes listings and career descriptions as well.
Welding (902 Hours)
Welding program takes on average nine months to complete.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $14,000*
- Estimated cost of required books and supplies are around $810*
- Last year, more than 10 students completed this program
- The welding program takes about 9 months to complete
Visit our welding schools profile page to obtain a complete overview and school listings that may be beneficial to you in finding the right school.
Auto Mechanic (717 Hours)
The auto mechanic program offered on average takes about six months to complete.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $11,000*
- Cost of required supplies and books: $500*
- More than 10 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- Students complete this program in usually 6 months
More information and school listings are available through our auto mechanic schools information page.
Medical Assistant (1,020 Hours)
The medical assistant program offered on average takes about ten months to complete.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $15,000*
- The estimated cost of books or supplies required is $1,200*
- The length of the medical assistant program is about 10 months
More detailed information and school listings are available through our medical assistant schools profile page.
Health Information and Medical Records Technology (800 Hours)
The health information and medical records technology program takes about eight months for most students to complete.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $10,000*
- The estimated cost of books or supplies required is $2,330*
- The length of the health information and medical records technology program is about 8 months
Find out more and see other schools listed by visiting our health information and medical records technology degree page.
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||82%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||63%||$6,653|
|Receiving Student Loans||82%||$5,875|
Other Healthcare or Nursing Schools
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to York County School of Technology Practical Nursing.
- Ross Medical Education Center - New Baltimore in New Baltimore, MI (17 miles away)
- Fortis Institute - Towson in Towson, MD (37 miles away)
- Harris School of Business - Wilmington Campus in Wilmington, DE (54 miles away)
- Antonelli Medical and Professional Institute in Pottstown, PA (62 miles away)
- Harris School of Business - Upper Darby Campus in Upper Darby, PA (76 miles away)