Abilene Christian University, a nonprofit private institution, offers a large number of degree programs, allowing students to choose which major is right for them. Located in Abilene, Texas, it resides in an urban setting for students to study in. The school's Churches of Christ affiliation is one of its defining characteristics and plays an important role within the school's vision. Approximately four thousand students are enrolled annually at Abilene Christian University.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Family And Consumer Sciences
- Health And Clinical Professions
To be considered for admissions, applicants may be required to complete an application, provide letters of recommendations, and submit school transcripts, which are then studied by admissions officials. An ACT or SAT exam may be required prior to applying, with scores within the range of 995 - 1230 for the SAT exam and in a range of 22 - 28 for the ACT exam is common among students accepted to ACU. 64% of those students that apply are admitted to Abilene Christian University, of which 39% choose to enroll. More information regarding admissions can be found here.
The cost of tuition is approximately $28,000 annually. Tuition prices may change for any number of reasons, and as such students should visit the school's price of attendance calculator to understand their cost of attendance. Housing is available on-campus for students. The yearly cost of housing is about $4,000. Some students at ACU may be eligible for financial aid, which is typically provided as scholarships, grants, and loans.
The ACU "Wildcats" have a number of intercollegiate athletic programs through participation in the NCAA. Athletic programs offered include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division II)
- Football (NCAA Division II)
For a complete list of academic programs offered, enrollment information, financial aid details, and more, please take a look at the school's website at http://www.acu.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may give an overview of the applicants Abilene Christian University accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Abilene Christian University is around 4,500 students. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 24% enrolling as graduate students and 83% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- The estimated tuition range is around $31,000-$37,000 per year
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $1,300 to $1,500 per unit
- May offer prepaid tuition, allowing students to purchase tuition at current rates for future years.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$18,356|
|Receiving Student Loans||60%||$10,456|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and recent graduates, Abilene Christian University may provide services like those listed below:
- Online course work available
- Remedial courses
- Career path counseling
- Student employment
- Assistance to find work
Abilene Christian University has an overall graduation rate which is close to 56%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||37%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||18%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||2%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Teacher Education (Bachelor's) Program
- Dietetics Program
- Graduate Teacher Education Program
- Music Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
- Occupational Therapy (OT) Program
- Speech-Language Pathology Program
- Theology (Ministry) Program
Abilene Christian University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division II (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Southland Conference)
- Basketball (Southland Conference)
- Track and Field (Southland Conference)
- Football (Southland Conference)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Abilene Christian University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Family and Consumer Sciences
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Abilene Christian University.
- Angelo State University in San Angelo, TX (83 miles away)
- Tarleton State University in Stephenville, TX (89 miles away)
- Midwestern State University in Wichita Falls, TX (119 miles away)
- The University of Texas of the Permian Basin in Odessa, TX (158 miles away)
- Texas Woman's University in Denton, TX (159 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another:
- Get a list of all the colleges in Texas
- Get a list of all private colleges in Texas
- Review a list of Texas Bible and Christian Colleges
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Abilene Christian University for official up-to-date information.