Andrews University is a nonprofit private institution located in Berrien Springs, MI and provides a large number of program options for students. The school maintains a Seventh Day Adventists affiliation, which is evident in the role it plays in program curriculums and daily life at the school. Approximately three thousand students are enrolled annually at Andrews University.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Theology And Religious Vocations
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Philosophy And Religious Studies
- Liberal Arts And Sciences
To be considered for admissions, applicants may be required to fill out an application, write a personal statement, and submit any transcripts or test scores, which are then reviewed by the admissions committee. Very common scores among students admitted to Andrews University are in the range of 20 to 26 for the ACT exam, or 1380 to 1760 on the SAT exam. This school admits around 40 percent of applicants annually. Of those accepted, about 44 percent registered for enrollment.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is nearly $26,000 per year. Tuition prices may change for any number of reasons, and as such students should visit the school's price of attendance calculator to get a better idea of their cost of attendance. Housing may be available for students that want to live on-campus for a cost of $4,200 each year. Students enrolled at Andrews University may qualify for aid which is usually scholarships, grants, and loans.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may give an overview of the students Andrews accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP or college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Andrews University is around 3,400 students, with undergraduate students making up about 51% of the total student population and graduate students making up the rest.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition is estimated to be around $29,000 per year for in-state and nonresident students
- For part-time students, charges are between $1,100-$1,300 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||99%||$12,755|
|Receiving Student Loans||60%||$11,717|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and recent graduates, Andrews University may offer student services including:
- Distance learning
- Remedial courses
- Counseling assistance
- Work study style employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
- Day care for children
The overall graduation rate of Andrews is close to 60%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||29%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||23%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||8%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
Campus: Andrews University
- Dietetics Program
- Music Program
- Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN) Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Speech-Language Pathology Program
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- Theology (Ministry) Program
Campus: Seventh-day Adventist Theological Seminary Program Southern Union
- Theology (Ministry) Program
- * Accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools (since 2003)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Andrews University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Family and Consumer Sciences
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Theology and Religious Vocations
Transportation and Materials Moving
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Andrews University.
- Indiana University - South Bend in South Bend, IN (22 miles away)
- Purdue University - North Central Campus in Westville, IN (42 miles away)
- Indiana University - Northwest in Gary, IN (58 miles away)
- Purdue University - Calumet Campus in Hammond, IN (63 miles away)
- Chicago State University in Chicago, IL (67 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities:
- See all colleges in Michigan
- See all private colleges in Michigan
- See other Christian and Bible Colleges in Michigan
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Andrews University for official up-to-date information.