Arcadia University is a nonprofit private institution located in Glenside, Pennsylvania and provides a large number of degree programs for students. The Presbyterian Church affiliation of this school is an important part of the history, education and vision that defines the school. Over 4,000 students enroll at Beaver College annually.
Areas of study available at Arcadia University include:
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Business And Marketing Studies
Students applying for admission are most often asked to submit an application, transcripts, records, test scores and any requested letters of recommendations, which will then be reviewed by the admissions staff. The majority of students accepted to Beaver College have an SAT score within the range of 1020 to 1200, or an ACT score between 22 to 27. An estimated 50 percent of all students that applied were accepted at Beaver College, with 12 percent of those admitted choosing to enroll. More information on admissions can be found here.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is around $38,000, but may change per year. Students are encouraged to use the school's price of attendance calculator to better understand their cost of attendance. The cost of on-campus housing is estimated to be $9,100 annually. Some students at Beaver College may qualify for financial aid, which is generally offered as scholarships, grants, and loans.
The Beaver College "Scarlet Knights" have a number of intercollegiate athletic programs through participation in the NCAA. Athletic programs offered include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Field Hockey (NCAA Division III)
Contact information, admission forms, areas of study offered, and more can be accessed on school's website at http://www.arcadia.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may provide a better idea of the candidates Beaver College accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at Arcadia University is about 4,000, where graduate students make up roughly 15% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition is estimated to be around $43,000 per year for in-state and nonresident students
- For part-time students, charges are between $640-$770 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The information below lists the financial aid types students are receiving. Also shown are the percent of students receiving aid and the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$25,392|
|Receiving Student Loans||84%||$9,831|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, Arcadia University may offer services to students like those listed below:
- Online course work available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Career path counseling
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Helping students find work after graduation
Arcadia University has an overall graduation rate which is around 61%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||53%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||5%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||2%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Art and Design Program
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design, Commission on Accreditation (since 1970)
- Graduate Level Public Health (Outside School of Public Health) Program
- * Accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (since 2013)
Arcadia University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division III (without football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Middle Atlantic States Athletic Corporation)
- Basketball (Middle Atlantic States Athletic Corporation)
- Field Hockey
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Arcadia University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Arcadia University.
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Abington in Abington, PA (3 miles away)
- Rutgers University - Camden in Camden, NJ (10 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Brandywine in Media, PA (19 miles away)
- Cheyney University of Pennsylvania in Cheyney, PA (22 miles away)
- Thomas Edison State College in Trenton, NJ (23 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below:
- Browse through our complete list of colleges in Pennsylvania
- Browse our list of private colleges in Pennsylvania
- Browse our detailed list of Bible & Christian Colleges in Pennsylvania
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Arcadia University for official up-to-date information.