Augsburg College is a nonprofit private school that has many majors available for students to choose from. The school is located in Minneapolis, MN, in a predominantly urban area. The school maintains an Evangelical Lutheran Church affiliation, which is evident in the role it plays in program curriculums and daily life at the school. Over 4,100 students enroll at Augsburg College per year.
Here is a list of some of the popular programs Augsburg College offers:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Public Administration And Social Services
To be considered for admissions, applicants may be asked to complete an application, write a personal statement, and submit test scores or other school records, which are then evaluated by admissions staff. Either the SAT or ACT exam must be taken in order to apply to Augsburg College. Scores within the range of 20 - 25 on the ACT or 946 - 1231 on the SAT are needed to greatly increase the chance of acceptance. This school has an acceptance rate of about 51 percent of which only 31 percent chose to attend. More information regarding admissions can be found at augsburg.edu.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is nearly $33,000 per year. Tuition prices may change for any number of reasons, and therefore students should use the school's tuition calculator to get a better idea of their costs. Housing may be available for those that would like to live on-campus for around a cost of $4,500 per year. Students at this school may be eligible for aid which is usually grants and loans.
The Augsburg College Auggies participate in a number of athletic programs, with competitions managed and overseen by the NCAA. Athletic programs offered include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division III)
- Football (NCAA Division III)
Students may visit the school's http://www.augsburg.edu to see additional information.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may provide a better idea of the applicants Augsburg College accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college or dual credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Augsburg College is around 3,500 students. The student body is made up of 72% undergraduate students and 14% graduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $35,000-$42,000 for both in-state and out-of-state students
- For part-time students, charges are between $1,100-$1,300 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||98%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||98%||$20,722|
|Receiving Student Loans||77%||$9,865|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and recent graduates, Augsburg College may offer services to students including:
- Distance learning
- Weekend and night classes available
- Remedial courses
- Counseling assistance
- Student employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
Augsburg College has an overall graduation rate which is approximately 63%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||47%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||15%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||2%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Music Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
Augsburg College is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division III (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Minnesota Intercollegiate Ath Conf)
- Basketball (Minnesota Intercollegiate Ath Conf)
- Track and Field (Minnesota Intercollegiate Ath Conf)
- Football (Minnesota Intercollegiate Ath Conf)
- Ice Hockey
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Augsburg College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Family and Consumer Sciences
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Augsburg College.
- Metropolitan State University in Saint Paul, MN (8 miles away)
- University of Wisconsin - River Falls in River Falls, WI (31 miles away)
- Saint Cloud State University in Saint Cloud, MN (60 miles away)
- Minnesota State University - Mankato in Mankato, MN (68 miles away)
- University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire in Eau Claire, WI (86 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities:
- Compare schools and see a list of all colleges in Minnesota
- Find out what other private colleges are located in Minnesota
- Compare other Minnesota Christian and Bible Colleges
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Augsburg College for official up-to-date information.