Barry University is a nonprofit private institution located in Miami, Florida and provides a large number of educational opportunities for students. The school maintains a Roman Catholic affiliation, which is evident in the role it plays in program curriculums and daily life at the school. Enrollment at Barry University is nearly 9,000 per year.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Legal Professions And Studies
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Liberal Arts And Sciences
- Public Administration And Social Services
Students applying for admission are generally required to submit an application, transcripts, test scores and any requested letters of recommendations, which will then be reviewed by the admissions committee. Students may provide either the ACT or SAT exam scores to be considered for admissions at Barry University. A score between 1238 - 1470 on the SAT, or 17 - 21 for the ACT is usually submitted among accepted students. This school accepts about 60% of applicants yearly. Of those accepted, nearly 16% enrolled.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is around $31,000, but may change yearly. Students are encouraged to visit the school's net price calculator to better understand their cost of attending this school. Financial aid may be provided to students that meet the required requirements in the form of loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
Barry University offers several athletic programs overseen by the NCAA. Athletic programs available may include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Golf (NCAA Division II)
- Rowing (NCAA Division II)
Students can take a look at the school's http://www.barry.edu to see additional information.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may provide a better idea of the students Barry University accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Barry University is around 8,000 students. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 5% enrolling as graduate students and 47% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are between $29,000-$35,000 for both state residents and nonresidents
- Per unit charges are around $950 for part time students
- on campus dorms & meals are estimated to cost around $13,000, the amount includes the serving of nineteen meals per week
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||97%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||96%||$19,889|
|Receiving Student Loans||73%||$7,136|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, Barry University may provide student services like those listed below:
- Online course work available
- Weekend and night classes available
- Remedial courses
- Career path counseling
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Employment search assistance
Barry University has an overall graduation rate which is approximately 37%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||22%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||13%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||2%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
Campus: Barry University
- Law Program
- Montessori Teacher Education Program
- Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
- Occupational Therapy (OT) Program
- Podiatry (D.P.M.) Program
Campus: Barry University Department of Theology and Philosophy Theology Program at Southeast Pastoral Institute
- Theology (Ministry) Program
- * Accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools (since 2004)
Campus: Barry University Department of Theology and Philosophy Theology Program at The Edmund Rice School for Pastoral Ministry
- Theology (Ministry) Program
- * Accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools (since 2005)
Barry University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division II (without football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Sunshine State Conference)
- Basketball (Sunshine State Conference)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Barry University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Barry University.
- Florida International University in Miami, FL (14 miles away)
- Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton, FL (34 miles away)
- Florida Gulf Coast University in Fort Myers, FL (114 miles away)
- University of South Florida Sarasota - Manatee in Sarasota, FL (180 miles away)
- University of Central Florida in Orlando, FL (191 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another:
- Compare all colleges & universities in Florida
- See all private colleges in Florida
- Browse our detailed list of Bible & Christian Colleges in Florida
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Barry University for official up-to-date information.