Bethany College is a nonprofit private university that has a fair number of degrees available for students to choose from. The school is located in Lindsborg, Kansas, in a predominantly rural area. The school's Evangelical Lutheran Church affiliation is one of its defining characteristics and plays an important role within the school's vision. Bethany College, with only about 600 students enrolled, provides a low student to teacher ratio and personalized education as part of its commitment to students.
Areas of study offered at Bethany College include but are not limited to:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Social Sciences
- Recreation And Fitness Studies
- Public Administration And Social Services
The admissions process will include the submission of an application, transcripts, records, and test scores, which are then reviewed by the admissions staff. A SAT or ACT exam is required prior to applying, with scores between 1240 - 1540 for the SAT exam and within the range of 19 - 25 on the ACT is common among students accepted to Bethany College. Approximately 60 percent of all applicant were admitted at this school, with 31 percent of those admitted choosing to attend. More information on admissions can be found at bethanylb.edu.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is close to $24,000 per year. Tuition prices may change for any number of reasons, and that is why students should use the school's tuition calculator to get a better idea of their costs. Housing may be available for those that would like to live on-campus for a cost of $3,800 per year. Some students at Bethany College may qualify for financial aid, which is typically offered in the form of loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
The Bethany College "Swedes" have a number of intercollegiate athletic programs through participation in the NAIA. Available sports offered may include:
- Baseball (NAIA Division II)
- Basketball (NAIA Division II)
- Track & Field (NAIA Division II)
Students may visit the website to obtain a complete list of areas of study, admissions information, and more.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may give you an idea of the students Bethany College – Lindsborg accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at Bethany College – Lindsborg is about 700, with undergraduate students making up about 100% of the total student population and graduate students making up the rest.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition is estimated to be around $28,000 per year for in-state and nonresident students
- Part time students pay in the range of $1,000 to $1,200 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||99%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||99%||$16,710|
|Receiving Student Loans||80%||$6,871|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, Bethany College – Lindsborg may offer student services like:
- Distance learning
- Remedial instructional courses
- Career path counseling
- Student employment
The overall graduation rate of Bethany College – Lindsborg is close to 39%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||27%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||11%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||2%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Music Program
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, Commission on Accreditation (since 1935)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- * Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (since 1971)
Bethany College – Lindsborg is a Member of National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA), with many of the sports belonging to the NAIA Division II classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conf)
- Basketball (Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conf)
- Track and Field (Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conf)
- Football (Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conf)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Bethany College – Lindsborg by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
English Language and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Bethany College – Lindsborg.
- Emporia State University in Emporia, KS (82 miles away)
- Fort Hays State University in Hays, KS (92 miles away)
- Washburn University in Topeka, KS (111 miles away)
- Northwestern Oklahoma State University in Alva, OK (135 miles away)
- University of Nebraska at Kearney in Kearney, NE (165 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another:
- Compare all colleges & universities in Kansas
- Find out what other private colleges are located in Kansas
- Compare other Kansas Christian and Bible Colleges
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Bethany College – Lindsborg for official up-to-date information.