Bluffton University provides a variety of program options for students to aid them in their growth and development. The school is located in Bluffton, Ohio and operated as a private institution. The school's Mennonite Church affiliation is one of its defining characteristics and plays an important role within the school's vision. Nearly 1,100 students enroll at Bluffton University annually.
Areas of study offered at Bluffton University include but are not limited to:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Public Administration And Social Services
- Family And Consumer Sciences
- Communications And Journalism
Students applying for admission are generally asked to submit an application, transcripts, records, standardized test scores and any requested application essays, which will then be reviewed by the admissions staff. An ACT or SAT exam may be required prior to applying, with scores between 900 to 1100 for the SAT exam and in a range of 19 to 24 on the ACT is typical among students admitted to this school. 64% of students that apply are admitted to this school, of which 20% choose to attend. More information regarding admissions can be found at bluffton.edu.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is approximately $29,000 annually. Tuition prices may change for a variety of reasons, and as such students should visit the school's price of attendance calculator to identify their costs. The price of on-campus housing is about $4,700 per year. Students attending Bluffton University may qualify for aid which is generally scholarships, grants, and loans.
The mascot for Bluffton University is the "Beavers", and they participate in intercollegiate athletic programs through oversight by the NCAA. Athletic programs available may include the following:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division III)
Contact information, admission forms, programs, and more may be viewed on school's website at http://www.bluffton.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may provide a better idea of the candidates Bluffton University accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college or dual credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at Bluffton University is about 1,000, where graduate students make up roughly 22% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition is estimated to be around $33,000 per year for in-state and nonresident students
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $1,200 to $1,500 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$20,883|
|Receiving Student Loans||97%||$8,482|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, Bluffton University may provide services like those listed below:
- Distance learning
- Night and weekend classes available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Career path counseling
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Employment search assistance
The overall graduation rate of Bluffton University is approximately 60%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||52%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||5%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||2%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Dietetics Program
- * Accredited by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (since 1986)
- Music Program
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, Commission on Accreditation (since 1968)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- * Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (since 2006)
Bluffton University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division III (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference)
- Basketball (Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference)
- Track and Field (Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference)
- Football (Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Bluffton University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Family and Consumer Sciences
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Bluffton University.
- Ohio State University - Lima Campus in Lima, OH (13 miles away)
- Wright State University - Lake Campus in Celina, OH (39 miles away)
- Ohio State University - Marion Campus in Marion, OH (48 miles away)
- Ohio State University - Mansfield Campus in Mansfield, OH (69 miles away)
- Central State University in Wilberforce, OH (82 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below:
- Visit the main Ohio colleges & universities profile page
- Compare other Ohio private colleges
- See if these other Christian Colleges in Ohio may interest you?
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Bluffton University for official up-to-date information.