Brevard College, a nonprofit private institution, offers a variety of degree programs, allowing students to choose which major is right for them. Located in Brevard, NC, it resides in a rural setting for students to study in. The school's United Methodist affiliation is one of its defining characteristics and plays an important role within the school's curriculum. The school enrolls 640 students yearly, allowing for smaller more engaging class sizes.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Recreation And Fitness Studies
- Visual And Performing Arts
Students applying for admission are required to submit an application, school records, standardized test scores and any requested personal statements, which will then be reviewed by the admissions committee. Either the SAT or ACT exam can be taken to apply to this school. Scores between 18 - 22 on the ACT or 850 - 1040 on the SAT are required to greatly increase your chances for admission. Roughly 60% of all students that applied were accepted at Brevard College, with 25% of those accepted choosing to attend.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is around $25,000, but may change per year. Students are encouraged to visit the school's price of attendance calculator to better estimate their cost of attending Brevard College. Financial aid may be provided to students that meet the required requirements.
The Brevard College Tornadoes participate in several intercollegiate athletic programs, overseen by the NCAA. Athletic programs that are available may include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division II)
- Football (NCAA Division II)
Students may visit the school's http://www.brevard.edu to see additional information.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may provide a better idea of the applicants Brevard College accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Brevard College has a total student population of about 730, where graduate students make up roughly 34% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $27,000-$32,000 for both in-state and out-of-state students
- For part-time students, charges are between $770-$920 per unit
- The estimated cost for on campus dorms & meals is around $12,000
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$18,767|
|Receiving Student Loans||74%||$6,652|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, Brevard College may provide services like those listed below:
- Remedial courses
- Career path counseling
- Employing students to lower education costs
Brevard College has an overall graduation rate which is around 43%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||31%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||10%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||2%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Teacher Education (Bachelor's) Program
- * Accredited by the Teacher Education Accreditation Council, Accreditation Committee (since 2009)
- Music Program
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, Commission on Accreditation (since 1967)
Brevard College is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division II (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (South Atlantic Conference)
- Basketball (South Atlantic Conference)
- Track and Field (South Atlantic Conference)
- Football (South Atlantic Conference)
- Other Sports
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Brevard College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
English Language and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Brevard College.
- Lander University in Greenwood, SC (79 miles away)
- Georgia Gwinnett College in Lawrenceville, GA (113 miles away)
- The University of Virginia's College at Wise in Wise, VA (120 miles away)
- University of South Carolina - Aiken in Aiken, SC (127 miles away)
- Gordon College in Barnesville, GA (172 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities:
- Compare all colleges & universities in North Carolina
- See all private colleges in North Carolina
- Compare other North Carolina Christian and Bible Colleges
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Brevard College for official up-to-date information.