Briar Cliff University is a nonprofit private university that has many degree programs available for students to choose from. The school is located in Sioux City, IA, in a predominantly urban area. The Roman Catholic affiliation of this school is an important part of the history, education and curriculum that defines the school. Over 1,200 students enroll at Briar Cliff University yearly.
Areas of study offered at Briar Cliff University include:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Public Administration And Social Services
The school operates under an open enrollment policy, accepting any students that meet the basic requirements for admission. Submission of school records, test scores, and letters of recommendations may be requested for certain programs. More information on admissions can be found at briarcliff.edu.
Tuition is approximately $27,000 annually, though it may vary based on any number of circumstances. Students may visit the school's net price calculator to determine a more personalized cost estimate. The price of on-campus housing is around $4,100 annually. Some students at Briar Cliff University may be eligible for financial aid, which is generally offered in the form of loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
The Briar Cliff University Chargers participate in several intercollegiate athletic programs, within the NAIA organization. Available sports offered may include but not limited to:
- Baseball (NAIA Division II)
- Basketball (NAIA Division II)
- Track & Field (NAIA Division II)
For a complete list of academic programs offered, enrollment information, financial aid details, and more, please visit the school's website at http://www.briarcliff.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may give an overview of the applicants Briar Cliff University accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP or college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Briar Cliff University has a total student population of about 1,100, with undergraduate students making up about 89% of the total student population and graduate students making up the rest.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition is estimated to be around $30,000 per year for in-state and nonresident students
- Part time students pay in the range of $890 to $1,100 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||99%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||99%||$20,443|
|Receiving Student Loans||90%||$7,059|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, Briar Cliff University may offer student services including:
- Online course work available
- Weekend and night classes available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Counseling assistance
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Helping students find work after graduation
The overall graduation rate of Briar Cliff University is close to 45%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||40%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||4%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||0.8%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
- Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN) Program
Briar Cliff University is a Member of National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA), with many of the sports belonging to the NAIA Division II classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Great Plains Athletic Conference)
- Basketball (Great Plains Athletic Conference)
- Track and Field (Great Plains Athletic Conference)
- Football (Great Plains Athletic Conference)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Briar Cliff University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Briar Cliff University.
- University of South Dakota in Vermillion, SD (31 miles away)
- Wayne State College in Wayne, NE (36 miles away)
- Southwest Minnesota State University in Marshall, MN (137 miles away)
- Peru State College in Peru, NE (146 miles away)
- University of Nebraska at Kearney in Kearney, NE (187 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below:
- See all colleges in Iowa
- Get a list of all private colleges in Iowa
- Find out what other Bible and Christian Colleges are located in Iowa
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Briar Cliff University for official up-to-date information.