Bridgewater College is a liberal arts college that offers an undergraduate education and assists students in developing important skills useful in pursuit of graduate education or employment. A liberal arts curriculum exposes students to a variety of topics and subjects. The school is located in Bridgewater, VA, which is a predominantly suburban area. The Church of Brethren affiliation of this school is an important part of the history, education and mission that defines the school. Approximately a thousand students are enrolled yearly at Bridgewater College.
Areas of study offered at Bridgewater College include:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Liberal Arts And Sciences
- Communications And Journalism
- Recreation And Fitness Studies
To be considered for admissions, you may be asked to complete an application, provide letters of recommendations, and submit school records, which are then studied by admissions staff. The majority of students accepted to Bridgewater College achieve an SAT score in a range of 1370 to 1670, or an ACT score between 20 to 24. 52% of those students that apply are admitted to Bridgewater College, of which 14 percent choose to enroll. More information on admissions can be found here.
The cost of tuition is approximately $29,000, but may change yearly. Students are encouraged to visit the school's tuition calculator to better estimate their cost of attendance. Housing may be available for those that want to live on-campus for around a cost of $5,800 annually. Some students at BC may be eligible for financial aid, which is generally provided in the form of loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
The mascot for BC is the "Eagles", and they participate in intercollegiate athletics through oversight by the NCAA. Athletic programs offered may include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division III)
- Field Hockey (NCAA Division III)
Students should take a look at the school's http://www.bridgewater.edu to view additional information.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may give you an idea of the candidates Bridgewater College accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP or college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Bridgewater College has a total student population of about 1,800, where graduate students make up roughly 30% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition is estimated to be around $34,000 per year for in-state and nonresident students
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $1,100 to $1,300 per unit
- The average estimated cost for room and board is listed to be around $14,000
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$23,908|
|Receiving Student Loans||73%||$7,791|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, Bridgewater College may offer services including:
- Distance learning
- Career path counseling
- Student employment
- Employment search assistance
The overall graduation rate of Bridgewater College is approximately 60%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||52%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||7%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||0.7%|
Bridgewater College is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division III (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Old Dominion Athletic Conference)
- Basketball (Old Dominion Athletic Conference)
- Track and Field (Old Dominion Athletic Conference)
- Field Hockey
- Football (Old Dominion Athletic Conference)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Bridgewater College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Family and Consumer Sciences
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Bridgewater College.
- Virginia Military Institute in Lexington, VA (49 miles away)
- Longwood University in Farmville, VA (81 miles away)
- University of Mary Washington in Fredericksburg, VA (81 miles away)
- Shepherd University in Shepherdstown, WV (96 miles away)
- Fairmont State University in Fairmont, WV (99 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below:
- Compare schools and see a list of all colleges in Virginia
- See all private colleges in Virginia
- Browse our list of Virginia liberal arts colleges
- See other Christian and Bible Colleges in Virginia
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Bridgewater College for official up-to-date information.