Calumet College of Saint Joseph, a nonprofit private institution, offers a large number of program options, allowing students to choose which major is right for them. Located in Whiting, IN, it offers a suburban setting for students to study in. The school's Roman Catholic affiliation is one of its defining characteristics and plays an important role within the school's curriculum. Enrollment at CCSJ is nearly a thousand annually.
Students can pick from a few areas of study, including:
- Law and Justice Administration
- Business Administration
- Elementary Education
- Liberal Arts
The admissions process will begin with the submission of an application, transcripts, records, and standardized test scores, which are then evaluated by the admissions staff. The majority of students admitted to Calumet College of Saint Joseph have an SAT score within the range of 920 - 1480, or an ACT score in a range of 14 - 22. This school accepts around 40 percent of applicants. Of those students accepted, about 52 percent registered for enrollment.
The cost of tuition is nearly $16,000, but may change from year to year. Students are encouraged to visit the school's net price calculator to better understand their personal tuition costs. Some students at Calumet College of Saint Joseph may qualify for financial aid, which is typically offered as scholarships, grants, and loans.
Athletic programs are available at Calumet College of Saint Joseph through the NAIA, allowing students to participate in intercollegiate athletics. Available sports offered may include but not limited to:
- Baseball (NAIA Division II)
- Basketball (NAIA Division II)
- Track & Field (NAIA Division II)
- Golf (NAIA Division II)
- Soccer (NAIA Division II)
Students may visit the school's www.ccsj.edu to view additional information.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may give an overview of the students Calumet College of St Joseph accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP or college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Calumet College of Saint Joseph is around 1,100 students, where graduate students make up roughly 11% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are between $17,000-$20,000 for both state residents and nonresidents
- Per unit charges are around $580 for part time students
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||93%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||90%||$9,785|
|Receiving Student Loans||50%||$5,992|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, Calumet College of Saint Joseph may offer services to students like:
- Remedial instructional courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Work study style employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
Calumet College of Saint Joseph has an overall graduation rate which is close to 34%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||18%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||9%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- * Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (since 2012)
Calumet College of Saint Joseph is a Member of National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA), with many of the sports belonging to the NAIA Division II classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conf)
- Basketball (Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conf)
- Track and Field (Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conf)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Calumet College of Saint Joseph by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Calumet College of Saint Joseph.
- University of Wisconsin Colleges in Madison, WI (137 miles away)
- Harris - Stowe State University in Saint Louis, MO (255 miles away)
- Kentucky State University in Frankfort, KY (278 miles away)
- Ohio State University - Newark Campus in Newark, OH (286 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another:
- Compare schools and see a list of all colleges in Indiana
- Find out what other private colleges are located in Indiana
- Review a list of Indiana Bible and Christian Colleges
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Calumet College of Saint Joseph for official up-to-date information.