Campbellsville University provides a variety of program options for students to aid them in their growth and development. The school is located in Campbellsville, KY and operated as a private institution. The school's Southern Baptist affiliation is one of its defining characteristics and plays an important role within the school's vision. Campbellsville University has an annual student enrollment of nearly three thousand.
Here is a list of some of the popular programs Campbellsville University offers:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Security And Protective Services
- Health And Clinical Professions
To be considered for admissions, applicants may be required to complete an application, write a personal statement, and submit school transcripts, which are then reviewed by admissions staff. A SAT or ACT exam is required prior to applying, with scores in a range of 1220 to 1630 for the SAT exam and between 18 to 23 for the ACT exam is common among students accepted to Campbellsville University. 63% of those who apply are admitted to Campbellsville University, of which 36 percent choose to enroll. More information on admissions can be found here.
The cost of tuition is around $23,000, but may change yearly. Students are encouraged to use the school's net price calculator to better understand their cost of attendance. Some students at this school may qualify for financial aid, which is typically provided in the form of loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
The Campbellsville University "Tigers" compete in a number of intercollegiate sports through participation in the NAIA. Sports available:
- Baseball (NAIA Division I)
- Basketball (NAIA Division I)
- Football (NAIA Division I)
- Golf (NAIA Division I)
- Soccer (NAIA Division I)
Students can visit the website to see a complete list of areas of study, programs, student services, and more that is available at this school.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may provide a better idea of the students Campbellsville University accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Campbellsville University is around 3,100 students. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 16% enrolling as graduate students and 86% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $23,000-$28,000 for both in-state and out-of-state students
- Per unit charges are around $1,100 for part time students
- The average estimated cost for room and board is listed to be around $9,300, the amount includes nineteen meals every week
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||98%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||98%||$17,133|
|Receiving Student Loans||76%||$5,416|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and recent graduates, Campbellsville University may offer services to students like:
- Distance learning
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Remedial instructional courses
- Counseling assistance
- Work study style employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
The overall graduation rate of Campbellsville University is around 44%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||26%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||11%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Music Program
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, Commission on Accreditation (since 1989)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- * Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (since 2007)
Campbellsville University is a Member of National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA), with many of the sports being in the NAIA Division I classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Mid-South Conference)
- Basketball (Mid-South Conference)
- Football (Mid-South Conference)
- Track and Field, Indoor
- Track and Field, Outdoor
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Campbellsville University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Family and Consumer Sciences
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Campbellsville University.
- Kentucky State University in Frankfort, KY (65 miles away)
- Indiana University - Southeast in New Albany, IN (74 miles away)
- Tennessee Technological University in Cookeville, TN (81 miles away)
- Tennessee State University in Nashville, TN (116 miles away)
- Middle Tennessee State University in Murfreesboro, TN (118 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another:
- Visit the main Kentucky colleges & universities profile page
- Find out what other private colleges are located in Kentucky
- Find out what other Bible and Christian Colleges are located in Kentucky
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Campbellsville University for official up-to-date information.