Carson - Newman College is a nonprofit private institution located in Jefferson City, TN and provides a large number of educational opportunities for students. The school maintains a Baptist affiliation, which is evident in the role it plays in program curriculums and daily life at the school. Carson - Newman College has an annual student enrollment of about two thousand.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Philosophy And Religious Studies
- Business And Marketing Studies
To be considered for admissions, applicants may be required to complete an application, provide letters of recommendations, and submit test scores or other school records, which are then studied by the admissions staff. Most common test scores among applicants accepted to Carson - Newman College are in the range of 20 - 25 for the ACT exam, or 855 - 1115 on the SAT exam. Roughly 70 percent of all applicant were accepted at this school, with 19 percent of those admitted choosing to attend. More information from the admissions office can be found here.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is nearly $24,000, but may change yearly. Students are encouraged to visit the school's tuition calculator to better estimate their personal tuition costs. Housing may be available for students who wish to live on-campus for around a cost of $2,800 each year. Financial aid may be offered to students that meet the required requirements by way of scholarships, grants, and loans.
The Carson - Newman College Eagles participate in several intercollegiate athletic programs, overseen by the NCAA. Available sports offered may include but not limited to:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division II)
- Football (NCAA Division II)
Students who wish to view more about this school can check out their website at http://www.cn.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may provide a better idea of the candidates Carson – Newman College accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college or dual credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at Carson – Newman College is about 2,500, where graduate students make up roughly 20% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are between $24,000-$29,000 for both state residents and nonresidents
- For part-time students, charges are between $1,000-$1,200 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$19,839|
|Receiving Student Loans||66%||$5,798|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, Carson – Newman College may offer student services including:
- Online course work available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Employment search assistance
Carson – Newman College has an overall graduation rate which is approximately 50%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||37%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||12%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||0.7%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Art and Design Program
- Dietetics Program
- Music Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
Carson – Newman College is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division II (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (South Atlantic Conference)
- Basketball (South Atlantic Conference)
- Track and Field (South Atlantic Conference)
- Football (South Atlantic Conference)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Carson – Newman College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Family and Consumer Sciences
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Carson – Newman College.
- Western Carolina University in Cullowhee, NC (62 miles away)
- University of North Carolina at Asheville in Asheville, NC (63 miles away)
- East Tennessee State University in Johnson City, TN (64 miles away)
- The University of Virginia's College at Wise in Wise, VA (78 miles away)
- Appalachian State University in Boone, NC (101 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below:
- Visit the main Tennessee colleges & universities profile page
- Browse our list of private colleges in Tennessee
- Browse our detailed list of Bible & Christian Colleges in Tennessee
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Carson – Newman College for official up-to-date information.