Case Western Reserve University provides a variety of degree programs for students to guide them in their growth and development. The school is located in Cleveland, Ohio and operated as a private institution. Approximately 9,800 students are enrolled per year at Case.
Here is a list of some of the popular programs Case offers:
- Legal Professions And Studies
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Public Administration And Social Services
Students applying for admission are most often required to submit an application, school records, test scores and any requested personal statements, which will then be reviewed by the admissions staff. Either the ACT or SAT exam must be taken in order to be able to apply to Case Western Reserve University. Scores within the range of 28 - 32 on the ACT or 1830 - 2130 on the SAT are required to greatly increase the chance of admission. Roughly 50 percent of all applicant were admitted at this school, with 13 percent of those admitted choosing to attend. More information regarding admissions can be found here.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is approximately $43,000 per year. Tuition prices may change for a variety of reasons, and therefore students should visit the school's tuition calculator to get a better idea of their costs. The price of on-campus housing is about $7,600 per year. Financial aid may be offered to students that meet the required requirements.
The mascot for Case is the "Spartans", and they participate in intercollegiate athletic programs through the oversight and organization of the NCAA. Athletic programs available may include but not limited to:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Football (NCAA Division III)
- Soccer (NCAA Division III)
- Softball (NCAA Division III)
Contact information, academics information, areas of study, and more can be viewed on school's website at http://www.case.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may provide a better idea of the applicants Case accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP or college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Case Western Reserve University is around 11,000 students, where graduate students make up roughly 11% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are between $44,000-$53,000 for both state residents and nonresidents
- Per unit charges are around $2,000 for part time students
Financial Aid Details
The information below lists the financial aid types students are receiving. Also shown are the percent of students receiving aid and the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||86%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||85%||$28,138|
|Receiving Student Loans||50%||$7,692|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and recent graduates, Case Western Reserve University may offer student services like those listed below:
- Counseling assistance
- Student employment
- Assisting students to find work
With a graduation rate of around 80%, Case Western Reserve University is among the most successful schools in the area.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||65%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||13%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||2%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Teacher Education (Bachelor's) Program
- Clinical Psychology (Ph.D.) Program
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dietetics Program
- Endodontics Program
- Graduate Teacher Education Program
- Law Program
- Medical (M.D.) Program
- Music Program
- Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) Program
- Nurse Midwifery Education Program
- Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN) Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Program
- Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics Program
- Pediatric Dentistry Program
- Periodontics Program
- Master's in Public Health (M.P.H.) Program
- Speech-Language Pathology Program
Case Western Reserve University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division III (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (University Athletic Association)
- Basketball (University Athletic Association)
- Football (Presidents Athletic Conference)
- Swimming and Diving
- Track and Field, Indoor
- Track and Field, Outdoor
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Case Western Reserve University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Family and Consumer Sciences
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Case Western Reserve University.
- Cleveland State University in Cleveland, OH (3 miles away)
- Ohio State University - Mansfield Campus in Mansfield, OH (70 miles away)
- Edinboro University of Pennsylvania in Edinboro, PA (80 miles away)
- Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania in Slippery Rock, PA (87 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Beaver in Monaca, PA (89 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below:
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Case Western Reserve University for official up-to-date information.