Cedar Crest College, located in Allentown, Pennsylvania, is a women's college founded 1867. The school was founded to provide females the best educational opportunities, and has since expanded on that goal, preparing women to become leaders in their field. The school has historical ties to the United Church of Christ, though it is independent of the church in regards to school operations. Cedar Crest College is a private four year liberal arts institution that also provides graduate programs.
Cedar Crest College offers a variety of programs to fulfill the needs of its students and assist them in pursuing their academic and career goals. Through a liberal arts curriculum, students will be exposed to a variety of courses, though a majority will fulfill general education requirements and classes focused on their major. Students are encouraged to explore options and take on electives in order to broaden their academic horizons.
Programs offered include:
Admissions and Financial Aid
Students interested in enrollment at Cedar Crest COllege must submit an application for admission along with test scores, and high school transcripts, all of which will be reviewed in order to assess whether or not the student is right for the school. Once the review is completed a notification will be sent to the student. If accepted students will begin their education the following semester.
Financial aid is available in the form of loans, grants and scholarships. Students must submit a completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) the resulting information from which will be used to determine need eligibility and awards. Students may also be required to provide additional tax and financial information to ensure that they the students FAFSA is accurate prior to the disbursement of funds.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may give an overview of the applicants Cedar Crest College accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at Cedar Crest College is about 1,600, where graduate students make up roughly 11% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $35,000-$42,000 for both in-state and out-of-state students
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $1,200 to $1,400 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||99%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||99%||$25,838|
|Receiving Student Loans||89%||$11,516|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, Cedar Crest College may offer services to students like:
- Online classes
- Weekend and night classes available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Counseling assistance
- Work study style employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
Cedar Crest College has an overall graduation rate which is around 60%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||50%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||6%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||4%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Dietetics Program
- * Accredited by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (since 2007)
- Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN) Program
- * Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 2011)
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- * Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1978)
Cedar Crest College is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division III (without football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Basketball (Pennsylvania Athletic Conference)
- Field Hockey
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Cedar Crest College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Family and Consumer Sciences
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Public Administration and Social Services
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Cedar Crest College.
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Lehigh Valley in Center Valley, PA (7 miles away)
- Kutztown University of Pennsylvania in Kutztown, PA (15 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Berks in Reading, PA (29 miles away)
- East Stroudsburg University of Pennsylvania in East Stroudsburg, PA (33 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Schuylkill in Schuylkill Haven, PA (35 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another:
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Cedar Crest College for official up-to-date information.