Centenary College of Louisiana is a nonprofit private university that has a large selection of majors and degree programs available for students to choose from. The school is located in Shreveport, LA, in a predominantly urban area. The school maintains a United Methodist affiliation, which is evident in the role it plays in program curriculums and daily life at the school. Centenary College of Louisiana, with only about 900 students enrolled, offers smaller class sizes and hands on instruction as part of its commitment to students.
Areas of study available at Centenary College of Louisiana include but are not limited to:
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Recreation And Fitness Studies
- Business And Marketing Studies
- English Language And Literature
The admissions process starts with the submission of an application, transcripts, records, and test scores, which are then evaluated by admissions staff. Either the ACT or SAT exam can be taken in order to apply to this school. Scores within the range of 21 - 27 on the ACT or 968 - 1200 on the SAT are needed to increase your chances for acceptance. 63% of those who apply are accepted to this school, of which 34% choose to enroll. More information on admissions can be found here.
Tuition is approximately $28,000 annually, though it may change based on any number of circumstances. Students may visit the school's tuition calculator to get a more personalized estimate of costs. Student housing is available on-campus for students. The annual cost of housing is around $4,900. Some students at Centenary College of Louisiana may qualify for financial aid, which is generally offered in the form of loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
The mascot for Centenary College of Louisiana is the "Gentlemen", and they participate in intercollegiate sports through oversight by the NCAA. Athletic programs available may include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division I-AAA)
- Basketball (NCAA Division I-AAA)
- Golf (NCAA Division I-AAA)
- Gymnastics (NCAA Division I-AAA)
For a complete list of areas of study, enrollment information, admissions information, and more, please visit the school's website at http://www.centenary.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may provide a better idea of the candidates Centenary College of Louisiana accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Centenary College of Louisiana has a total student population of about 590, with undergraduate students making up about 89% of the total student population and graduate students making up the rest.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are between $33,000-$40,000 for both state residents and nonresidents
- Per unit charges are around $1,500 for part time students
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||98%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||98%||$23,442|
|Receiving Student Loans||70%||$7,844|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and recent graduates, Centenary College of Louisiana may provide services to students including:
- Academic counseling for students
- Assistance to find work
Centenary College of Louisiana has an overall graduation rate which is around 59%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||49%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||9%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||2%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Music Program
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, Commission on Accreditation (since 1936)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- * Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (since 2007)
Centenary College of Louisiana is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division I-AAA classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference)
- Basketball (Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference)
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Centenary College of Louisiana by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Centenary College of Louisiana.
- Louisiana State University - Alexandria in Alexandria, LA (118 miles away)
- Alcorn State University in Alcorn State, MS (157 miles away)
- University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff in Pine Bluff, AR (158 miles away)
- Mississippi Valley State University in Itta Bena, MS (212 miles away)
- Southern University at New Orleans in New Orleans, LA (276 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities:
- Compare all colleges & universities in Louisiana
- See all private colleges in Louisiana
- See if these other Christian Colleges in Louisiana may interest you?
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Centenary College of Louisiana for official up-to-date information.