Central College, a nonprofit private institution, offers a large number of program options, allowing students to choose which major is right for them. Located in Pella, Iowa, the school resides in a rural setting for students to study in. The Reformed Church in America affiliation at the school is an important part of the history, education and vision that defines the school. Approximately a thousand students are enrolled annually at Central College.
Here is a list of some of the popular programs Central College offers:
- Recreation And Fitness Studies
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
To be considered for admissions, applicants may be asked to complete an application, provide letters of recommendations, and submit school transcripts, which are then reviewed by admissions officials. Either the ACT or SAT exam must be taken to apply to Central College. Scores within the range of 21 to 26 on the ACT or 890 to 1170 on the SAT are needed to greatly increase your chances for admission. An estimated 70 percent of all applicant were accepted at this school, with 21 percent of those admitted choosing to attend. More information on admissions can be found here.
Tuition is approximately $31,000 per year, though it may vary based on different types of circumstances. Students should check the school's net price calculator to determine a more personalized cost estimate. The cost of on-campus housing is about $4,900 annually. Some students at this school may be eligible for financial aid, which is typically provided as scholarships, grants, and loans.
The Central College Dutch participate in a number of athletic programs, within the NCAA organization. Available athletic programs offered may include but not limited to:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Football (NCAA Division III)
- Golf (NCAA Division III)
- Soccer (NCAA Division III)
Students should visit the website to see a complete list of programs offered, student services, and more that is available at this school.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may give an overview of the candidates Central College accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at Central College is about 1,300, where graduate students make up roughly 25% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $33,000-$40,000 for both in-state and out-of-state students
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $1,400 to $1,700 per unit
- May offer prepaid tuition, allowing students to purchase tuition at current rates for future years.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$24,481|
|Receiving Student Loans||77%||$7,983|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and recent graduates, Central College may offer services to students like those listed below:
- Online course work available
- Academic counseling for students
- Student employment
- Assistance to find work
The overall graduation rate of Central College is around 65%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||62%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||3%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Music Program
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, Commission on Accreditation (since 1982)
Central College is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division III (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Iowa Intercollegiate Athletic Conf)
- Basketball (Iowa Intercollegiate Athletic Conf)
- Football (Iowa Intercollegiate Athletic Conf)
- Track and Field, Indoor
- Track and Field, Outdoor
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Central College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Central College.
- Truman State University in Kirksville, MO (85 miles away)
- Missouri Western State University in Saint Joseph, MO (150 miles away)
- Peru State College in Peru, NE (160 miles away)
- University of Wisconsin - Platteville in Platteville, WI (177 miles away)
- University of Wisconsin - La Crosse in La Crosse, WI (188 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities:
- Compare all colleges & universities in Iowa
- Review a list of Iowa private colleges
- Compare other Iowa Christian and Bible Colleges
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Central College for official up-to-date information.