College of Mount Saint Vincent is a nonprofit private institution located in Bronx, NY and provides a large number of program options for students. The Roman Catholic affiliation at the school is an important part of the history, education and mission that defines the school. Approximately 1,900 students enroll at College of Mount Saint Vincent yearly.
Here is a list of some of the popular programs College of Mount Saint Vincent offers:
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Liberal Arts And Sciences
- Communications And Journalism
- Business And Marketing Studies
Students applying for admission are generally required to submit an application, transcripts, standardized test scores and any requested personal statements, which will then be reviewed by admissions officials. Either the SAT or ACT exam must be taken in order to apply to College of Mount Saint Vincent. Scores within the range of 20 to 23 on the ACT or 1240 to 1530 on the SAT are recommended to greatly increase the chance of getting accepted. College of Mount Saint Vincent admits approximately 70% of applicants yearly. Of those admitted, around 21% enrolled. More information regarding admissions can be found here.
The cost of tuition is close to $31,000 annually. Tuition prices may change for a variety of reasons, and that is why students should use the school's net price calculator to get a better idea of their costs. Financial aid may be offered to students that meet the required requirements by way of grants or student loans.
Athletic programs are available at College of Mount Saint Vincent through the NCAA, allowing students to participate in intercollegiate sports. Available sports offered:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Lacrosse (NCAA Division III)
- Soccer (NCAA Division III)
- Softball (NCAA Division III)
For a complete list of academic programs offered, enrollment information, student services, and more, please visit the school's website at http://www.mountsaintvincent.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may provide a better idea of the students College of Mount Saint Vincent accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college or dual credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
College of Mount Saint Vincent has a total student population of about 1,800. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 18% enrolling as graduate students and 88% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are between $23,000-$27,000 for both state residents and nonresidents
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $940 to $1,100 per unit
- The estimated cost for on campus dorms & meals is around $9,700
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||99%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||99%||$22,229|
|Receiving Student Loans||84%||$7,655|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, College of Mount Saint Vincent may provide student services including:
- Remedial instructional courses
- Counseling assistance
- Employing students to lower education costs
The overall graduation rate of College of Mount Saint Vincent is close to 52%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||37%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||12%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||3%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Teacher Education (Bachelor's) Program
- Graduate Teacher Education Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
College of Mount Saint Vincent is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division III (without football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Skyline Conference)
- Basketball (Skyline Conference)
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by College of Mount Saint Vincent by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to College of Mount Saint Vincent.
- CUNY Bernard M Baruch College in New York, NY (13 miles away)
- CUNY York College in Jamaica, NY (16 miles away)
- New Jersey City University in Jersey City, NJ (18 miles away)
- Ramapo College of New Jersey in Mahwah, NJ (19 miles away)
- SUNY College at Old Westbury in Old Westbury, NY (19 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below:
- Compare schools and see a list of all colleges in New York
- Get a list of all private colleges in New York
- Review a list of New York Bible and Christian Colleges
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact College of Mount Saint Vincent for official up-to-date information.