College of St Catherine, a nonprofit private institution, offers a large number of educational opportunities, allowing students to choose which major is right for them. Located in Saint Paul, Minnesota, the campus resides in an urban setting for students to study in. The school's Roman Catholic affiliation is one of its defining characteristics and plays an important role within the school's mission. Approximately 5,300 students enroll at College of St Catherine yearly.
Here is a list of some of the popular programs St. Kate offers:
- Public Administration And Social Services
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Library Science
- Business And Marketing Studies
The admissions process starts with the submission of an application, transcripts, records, and standardized test scores, which are then reviewed by the admissions committee. Most students at St. Kate scored in a range of 22 to 26 on the ACT. St. Kate has an admissions rate of 56% of which only 25% chose to attend. For additional information about admissions information, prospective students can call St. Catherine's or simply request information from this page.
Undergraduate tuition is approximately $26,000 for the year, though it may vary based on different types of circumstances. Students should visit the school's net price calculator to see the personalize cost of attendance. On-campus housing is available for students, which costs about $4,900 for the year. Some students at College of St Catherine may qualify for financial aid, which is typically offered as grants or student loans.
College of St Catherine offers a variety of athletic programs overseen by the NCAA. Athletic programs available may include:
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division III)
- Ice Hockey (NCAA Division III)
To see a full list of academic programs offered, enrollment information, admissions information, and more, please visit the school's website at stkate.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may give an overview of the candidates College of St Catherine accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP or college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at College of St Catherine is about 5,000, where graduate students make up roughly 9% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $30,000-$35,000 for both in-state and out-of-state students
- Per unit charges are around $1,000 for part time students
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||99%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||98%||$23,817|
|Receiving Student Loans||80%||$8,680|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, College of St Catherine may provide services to students like those listed below:
- Online classes
- Night and weekend classes available
- Academic counseling for students
- Work study style employment
- Assistance to find work
- Day care for children
The overall graduation rate of College of St Catherine is around 54%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||31%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||17%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||3%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
Campus: College of St Catherine
- Dietetics Program
- Montessori Teacher Education Program
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
- Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN) Program
- Occupational Therapy (OT) Program
Campus: St. Catherine University - Minneapolis Campus
- Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) Program
- * Accredited by the American Occupational Therapy Association, Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (since 1966)
- Radiology Technician Program
- * Accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (since 1994)
College of St Catherine is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division III (without football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Basketball (Minnesota Intercollegiate Ath Conf)
- Track and Field (Minnesota Intercollegiate Ath Conf)
- Ice Hockey
- Swimming and Diving
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by College of St Catherine by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Family and Consumer Sciences
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to College of St Catherine.
- Metropolitan State University in Saint Paul, MN (6 miles away)
- University of Wisconsin - River Falls in River Falls, WI (28 miles away)
- Saint Cloud State University in Saint Cloud, MN (64 miles away)
- Minnesota State University - Mankato in Mankato, MN (67 miles away)
- University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire in Eau Claire, WI (83 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities:
- Get a list of all the colleges in Minnesota
- Find out what other private colleges are located in Minnesota
- See if these other Christian Colleges in Minnesota may interest you?
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact College of St Catherine for official up-to-date information.