Converse College, a nonprofit private institution, offers a variety of educational opportunities, allowing students to choose which major is right for them. Located in Spartanburg, SC, it resides in an urban setting for students to study in. Enrollment at Converse College is nearly 1,300 annually.
Students may pick from several areas of study, including but not limited to:
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Health And Clinical Professions
Students applying for admission are generally asked to submit an application, school records, standardized test scores and any requested application essays, which will then be reviewed by the admissions office. Either the ACT or SAT exam can be taken in order to apply to Converse College. Scores within the range of 19 - 28 on the ACT or 935 - 1229 on the SAT are needed to greatly increase the chance of acceptance. This school accepts roughly 50% of students applying. Of those accepted, about 32% registered for enrollment. More information regarding admissions can be found at converse.edu.
Tuition is approximately $30,000 annually, though it may change based on any number of circumstances. Students may check the school's tuition calculator to determine a more personalized cost estimate. Converse College may help with costs by offering financial aid for students who are eligible in the form of loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
The mascot for Converse College is the "Valkyries", and they participate in intercollegiate athletics through oversight by the NCAA.
Students should visit the school's http://www.converse.edu to view additional information.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may provide a better idea of the candidates Converse College accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP or college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Converse College has a total student population of about 1,100. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 18% enrolling as graduate students and 69% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- The estimated tuition range is around $16,000-$19,000 per year
- For part-time students, charges are between $880-$1,100 per unit
- The estimated cost for on campus housing and meals is around $12,000
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$11,254|
|Receiving Student Loans||87%||$7,393|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, Converse College may provide services to students like:
- Online course work available
- Academic counseling for students
- Work study style employment
- Employment search assistance
The overall graduation rate of Converse College is around 62%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||55%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||6%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||1%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Art and Design Program
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design, Commission on Accreditation (since 2008)
- Music Program
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, Commission on Accreditation (since 1928)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- * Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (since 2007)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Converse College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Converse College.
- University of South Carolina - Upstate in Spartanburg, SC (4 miles away)
- Winthrop University in Rock Hill, SC (52 miles away)
- Lander University in Greenwood, SC (54 miles away)
- University of North Carolina at Asheville in Asheville, NC (58 miles away)
- Western Carolina University in Cullowhee, NC (75 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another:
- Compare all colleges & universities in South Carolina
- Browse our list of private colleges in South Carolina
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Converse College for official up-to-date information.