Cornerstone University, a nonprofit private institution, offers an assortment of degree programs, allowing students to choose which major is right for them. Located in Grand Rapids, MI, the campus resides in an urban setting for students to study in. The Interdenominational affiliation of this school is an important part of the history, education and curriculum that defines the school. Nearly 2,900 students enroll at Cornerstone University per year.
Students may select from many areas of study, including but not limited to:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Theology And Religious Vocations
- Recreation And Fitness Studies
The admissions process begins with the submission of an application, transcripts, and standardized test scores, which are then evaluated by admissions officials. Students may submit either the SAT or ACT exam scores to be considered for admissions at Cornerstone University. A score in a range of 1497 - 1844 on the SAT, or 21 - 27 for the ACT is common among accepted students. 63% of students that apply are accepted to Cornerstone University, of which 26% choose to enroll. More information on admissions can be found at cornerstone.edu.
The cost of tuition is close to $25,000, but may change yearly. Students are encouraged to use the school's tuition calculator to better understand their personal tuition costs. Cornerstone University may help with costs by offering financial aid for students that qualify by way of loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
The Cornerstone University "Golden Eagles" have a number of intercollegiate athletic programs through participation in the NAIA. Athletic programs available include:
- Basketball (NAIA Division II)
- Golf (NAIA Division II)
- Soccer (NAIA Division II)
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may give an overview of the students Cornerstone University accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Cornerstone University is around 2,600 students. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 13% enrolling as graduate students and 79% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are between $26,000-$31,000 for both state residents and nonresidents
- For part-time students, charges are between $980-$1,200 per unit
- The average estimated cost for on campus dorms & meals is listed to be around $10,000, the cost includes eighteen meals per week
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$17,189|
|Receiving Student Loans||90%||$8,794|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, Cornerstone University may provide services to students including:
- Online classes
- Weekend and night classes available
- Remedial courses
- Career path counseling
- Work study style employment
- Assisting students to find work
Cornerstone University has an overall graduation rate which is close to 46%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||27%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||11%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||4%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Music Program
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, Commission on Accreditation (since 2001)
- Theology (Ministry) Program
- * Accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools (since 2002)
Cornerstone University is a Member of National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA), with many of the sports being in the NAIA Division II classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Basketball (Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conf)
- Track and Field, Indoor
- Track and Field, Outdoor
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Cornerstone University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
English Language and Literature
Family and Consumer Sciences
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Cornerstone University.
- Indiana University - South Bend in South Bend, IN (96 miles away)
- University of Wisconsin - Parkside in Kenosha, WI (117 miles away)
- Northeastern Illinois University in Chicago, IL (128 miles away)
- Indiana University - Northwest in Gary, IN (133 miles away)
- Chicago State University in Chicago, IL (135 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below:
- Compare schools and see a list of all colleges in Michigan
- Review a list of Michigan private colleges
- Find out what other Bible and Christian Colleges are located in Michigan
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Cornerstone University for official up-to-date information.