Cumberland University provides a variety of program options for students to guide them in their growth and development. The school is located in Lebanon, TN and operated as a private institution. CU has a yearly student enrollment of around a thousand.
Areas of study offered at Cumberland University include:
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Public Administration And Social Services
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Security And Protective Services
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
The admissions process will include the submission of an application, transcripts, records, and standardized test scores, which are then evaluated by the admissions staff. Most students admitted to CU have an SAT score within the range of 880 - 1130, or an ACT composite score between 20 - 24. 49% of students that apply are accepted to CU, of which 57 percent choose to enroll. More information from the admissions office can be found here.
Undergraduate tuition is approximately $21,000 annually, though it may change based on any number of circumstances. Students should check the school's net price calculator to see the personalize cost of attendance. This school may help with costs by offering financial aid for students who are eligible as grants and loans.
The Cumberland University "Bulldogs" have a number of intercollegiate athletic programs through participation in the NAIA. Available athletic programs offered:
- Baseball (NAIA Division I)
- Basketball (NAIA Division I)
- Football (NAIA Division I)
- Golf (NAIA Division I)
Students can take a look at the school's http://www.cumberland.edu to view additional information.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may provide a better idea of the applicants CU accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP or college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Cumberland University is around 1,600 students. The student body is made up of 84% undergraduate students and 13% graduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $20,000-$24,000 for both in-state and out-of-state students
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $840 to $1,000 per unit
- The estimated cost for room and board is around $9,100, which includes nineteen meals provided per week
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||99%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||99%||$16,562|
|Receiving Student Loans||60%||$6,174|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, Cumberland University may offer services including:
- Online classes
- Remedial courses
- Career path counseling
- Student employment
- Assistance to find work
The overall graduation rate of Cumberland University is approximately 37%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||20%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||16%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||1%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- * Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1995)
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
- * Accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (since 2013)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- * Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (since 2011)
Cumberland University is a Member of National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA), with many of the sports being in the NAIA Division I classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Mid-South Conference)
- Basketball (Mid-South Conference)
- Football (Mid-South Conference)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Cumberland University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Cumberland University.
- Tennessee State University in Nashville, TN (30 miles away)
- Tennessee Technological University in Cookeville, TN (44 miles away)
- Austin Peay State University in Clarksville, TN (63 miles away)
- The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga in Chattanooga, TN (98 miles away)
- Alabama A&M University in Normal, AL (99 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another:
- Compare schools and see a list of all colleges in Tennessee
- Review a list of Tennessee private colleges
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Cumberland University for official up-to-date information.