Daemen College is a nonprofit private institution that has many majors available for students to choose from. The school is located in Amherst, NY, in a predominantly suburban area. Daemen College has an annual student enrollment of approximately 3,000.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Business And Marketing Studies
Students applying for admission are usually required to submit an application, transcripts, standardized test scores and any requested personal statements, which will then be reviewed by the admissions committee. 60% of those who apply are accepted to Daemen College, of which 31% choose to attend. More information from the admissions office can be found at daemen.edu.
The cost of tuition is around $25,000, but may change from year to year. Students are encouraged to visit the school's tuition calculator to better estimate their personal tuition costs. The price of on-campus housing is approximately $8,500 annually. Students at Daemen College may be eligible for aid which is generally grants and loans.
The mascot for Daemen College is the "Wildcats", and they participate in intercollegiate athletics through oversight by the NAIA. Athletic programs available may include the following:
- Basketball (NAIA Division II)
- Golf (NAIA Division II)
- Soccer (NAIA Division II)
Students can visit the website to get a complete list of academic programs offered, financial aid details, and more that is available at this school.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may provide a better idea of the candidates Daemen College accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Daemen College has a total student population of about 2,800. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 14% enrolling as graduate students and 73% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- The estimated tuition range is around $25,000-$31,000 per year
- Per unit charges are around $940 for part time students
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$17,345|
|Receiving Student Loans||82%||$7,649|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, Daemen College may provide student services like:
- Distance learning
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Remedial courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Helping students find work after graduation
The overall graduation rate of Daemen College is close to 49%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||27%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||19%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||3%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN) Program
- * Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1999)
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- * Accredited by the New York State Board of Regents, State Education Department, Office of the Professions (Nursing Education) (since 1999)
Daemen College is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NAIA Division II classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Basketball (East Coast Conference)
- Track and Field, Outdoor
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Daemen College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Daemen College.
- SUNY at Fredonia in Fredonia, NY (45 miles away)
- SUNY College at Brockport in Brockport, NY (46 miles away)
- SUNY at Geneseo in Geneseo, NY (51 miles away)
- University of West Alabama in Livingston, AL (52 miles away)
- University of Pittsburgh - Titusville in Titusville, PA (103 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below:
- Get a list of all the colleges in New York
- Find out what other private colleges are located in New York
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Daemen College for official up-to-date information.