Davis & Elkins College is a nonprofit private school that has a fair number of degree programs available for students to choose from. The school is located in Elkins, WV, in a predominantly rural area. The school maintains a Presbyterian Church affiliation, which is evident in the role it plays in program curriculums and daily life at the school. The low student to teacher ratio and access to faculty is due primarily to the small student body, over 800 students, maintained by Davis & Elkins College.
Areas of study available at Davis and Elkins College include:
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Recreation And Fitness Studies
The admissions process will include the submission of an application, transcripts, records, and standardized test scores, which are then evaluated by admissions officials. The most common scores among applicants admitted to Davis and Elkins College are within the range of 17 - 22 for the ACT exam, or 1210 - 1540 for the SAT exam. Roughly 50% of all applicant were admitted at Davis and Elkins College, with 22% of those admitted choosing to attend.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is approximately $25,000 per year. Tuition prices may change for any number of reasons, and as such students should use the school's net price calculator to identify their personalized cost estimate of attendance. Financial aid may be offered to students that meet the necessary requirements.
Davis & Elkins College offers several athletic programs overseen by the NCAA. Sports available may include but not limited to:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Golf (NCAA Division II)
To see a full list of areas of study, enrollment information, admissions information, and more, please take a look at the school's website at www.dewv.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may give you an idea of the applicants Davis & Elkins College accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Davis & Elkins College is around 800 students, with undergraduate students making up about 100% of the total student population and graduate students making up the rest.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $27,000-$32,000 for both in-state and out-of-state students
- Per unit charges are around $990 for part time students
- on campus dorms & meals are estimated to cost around $11,000
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||90%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||90%||$17,816|
|Receiving Student Loans||66%||$7,783|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, Davis & Elkins College may provide student services like those listed below:
- Online course work available
- Remedial courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Student employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
Davis & Elkins College has an overall graduation rate which is approximately 38%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||18%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||11%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||3%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Teacher Education (Bachelor's) Program
- * Accredited by the Teacher Education Accreditation Council, Accreditation Committee (since 2006)
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program
- * Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1993)
- Theatre Program
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Theatre, Commission on Accreditation (since 1998)
Davis & Elkins College is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division II (without football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (371)
- Basketball (371)
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Davis & Elkins College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Davis & Elkins College.
- Fairmont State University in Fairmont, WV (42 miles away)
- Glenville State College in Glenville, WV (53 miles away)
- James Madison University in Harrisonburg, VA (62 miles away)
- Frostburg State University in Frostburg, MD (70 miles away)
- California University of Pennsylvania in California, PA (79 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another:
- Compare all colleges & universities in West Virginia
- Find out what other private colleges are located in West Virginia
- Compare other West Virginia Christian and Bible Colleges
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Davis & Elkins College for official up-to-date information.