DePauw University is a liberal arts college that offers an undergraduate education and assists students in developing important skills useful in pursuit of graduate education or employment. A liberal arts curriculum exposes students to a variety of topics and subjects. The school is located in Greencastle, IN, which is a predominantly rural area. The school's United Methodist affiliation is one of its defining characteristics and plays an important role within the school's curriculum. DePauw University has a yearly student enrollment of approximately 2,400.
Here is a list of some of the popular programs DePauw offers:
- Communications And Journalism
- Social Sciences
- English Language And Literature
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
The admissions process begins with the submission of an application, transcripts, and test scores, which are then evaluated by the admissions office. Students may submit either the ACT or SAT exam scores to be considered for admissions to DePauw University. A score in a range of 1640 to 1990 on the SAT, or 24 to 29 for the ACT is common among admitted students. 58% of applicants are accepted to DePauw University, of which 20 percent choose to attend. More information from the admissions office can be found at depauw.edu.
Undergraduate tuition is approximately $41,000 for the year, though it may change based on any number of circumstances. Students may check the school's tuition calculator to determine cost. Financial aid may be offered to students that meet the necessary requirements.
The DePauw "Tigers" compete in a number of intercollegiate sports through participation in the NCAA. Athletic programs that are available may include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division III)
- Field Hockey (NCAA Division III)
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may provide a better idea of the applicants DePauw accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at DePauw University is around 2,300 students. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 26% enrolling as graduate students and 100% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $44,000-$53,000 for both in-state and out-of-state students
- Per unit charges are around $1,500 for part time students
- The estimated cost for on campus dorms & meals is around $14,000
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||99%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||99%||$26,597|
|Receiving Student Loans||49%||$7,556|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, DePauw University may offer services to students including:
- Career path counseling
- Work study style employment
- Assisting students to find work
With a very high graduation rate of around 79%, DePauw is among the most successful schools in the area.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||74%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||4%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||0.6%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Music Program
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, Commission on Accreditation (since 1934)
DePauw University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division III (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (North Coast Athletic Conference)
- Basketball (North Coast Athletic Conference)
- Track and Field (North Coast Athletic Conference)
- Field Hockey
- Football (North Coast Athletic Conference)
- Swimming and Diving
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by DePauw University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Foreign Languages and Literature
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to DePauw University.
- Indiana University - Kokomo in Kokomo, IN (68 miles away)
- Indiana University - Southeast in New Albany, IN (106 miles away)
- Indiana University - East in Richmond, IN (106 miles away)
- University of Southern Indiana in Evansville, IN (124 miles away)
- Indiana University - Northwest in Gary, IN (135 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another:
- Browse through our complete list of colleges in Indiana
- Review a list of Indiana private colleges
- See all the liberal arts colleges in Indiana
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact DePauw University for official up-to-date information.