DeSales University provides a variety of educational opportunities for students to assist them in their growth and development. The school is located in Center Valley, PA and operated as a private institution. The Roman Catholic affiliation at the school is an important part of the history, education and curriculum that defines the school. Around three thousand students enroll at DeSales University per year.
Students can pick from several areas of study, including:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Visual And Performing Arts
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Communications And Journalism
Students applying for admission are generally asked to submit an application, school records, standardized test scores and any requested personal statements, which will then be reviewed by the admissions committee. Students may provide either the SAT or ACT scores to be considered for admissions at DeSales University. A score in a range of 960 - 1190 on the SAT, or 20 - 26 for the ACT is common among accepted students. DeSales University accepts approximately 70% of students applying. Of those applicants accepted, around 28% of students attended the school. More information from the admissions office can be found here.
Tuition is approximately $32,000 annually, though it may vary based on any number of circumstances. Students may check the school's price of attendance calculator to determine cost. Student housing is available for students, which costs approximately $5,700 per year. Students at DeSales University may be eligible for aid which is typically loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
The mascot for DeSales University is the "Bulldogs", and they participate in intercollegiate sports through oversight by the NCAA. Athletic programs available include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division III)
- Field Hockey (NCAA Division III)
Students should visit the website to obtain a complete list of areas of study, financial aid details, and more that is available at this school.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may give you an idea of the students DeSales University accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
DeSales University has a total student population of about 3,100. The student body is made up of 73% undergraduate students and 14% graduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition is estimated to be around $35,000 per year for in-state and nonresident students
- Part time students pay in the range of $1,300 to $1,600 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$19,604|
|Receiving Student Loans||76%||$10,343|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, DeSales University may provide student services like those listed below:
- Distance learning
- Night and weekend classes available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Student employment
- Assisting students to find work
DeSales University has a high graduation rate when compared to nearby similar schools.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||63%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||7%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||0.3%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN) Program
- * Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1989)
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- * Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1978)
DeSales University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division III (without football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Middle Atlantic States Athletic Corporation)
- Basketball (Middle Atlantic States Athletic Corporation)
- Track and Field (Middle Atlantic States Athletic Corporation)
- Field Hockey
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by DeSales University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to DeSales University.
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Lehigh Valley in Center Valley, PA (15 miles away)
- Kutztown University of Pennsylvania in Kutztown, PA (22 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Abington in Abington, PA (32 miles away)
- East Stroudsburg University of Pennsylvania in East Stroudsburg, PA (33 miles away)
- The College of New Jersey in Ewing, NJ (36 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another:
- Get a list of all the colleges in Pennsylvania
- See all private colleges in Pennsylvania
- See if these other Christian Colleges in Pennsylvania may interest you?
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact DeSales University for official up-to-date information.