Elizabethtown College, a nonprofit private institution, offers an assortment of educational opportunities, allowing students to choose which major is right for them. Located in Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania, the school offers a rural setting for students to study in. The school maintains a Church of Brethren affiliation, which is evident in the role it plays in program curriculums and daily life at the school. Over 2,400 students enroll at Elizabethtown College per year.
Areas of study available at Elizabethtown College include:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Communications And Journalism
- Health And Clinical Professions
The admissions process starts with the submission of an application, student records, and test scores, which are then reviewed by the admissions staff. The most common standardized test scores among applicants admitted to this school are in the range of 21 to 27 for the ACT exam, or 1020 to 1230 for the SAT exam. 66% of applicants are admitted to this school, of which 22% choose to enroll. More information on admissions can be found here.
The cost of tuition is approximately $38,000, but may change each year. Students are encouraged to use the school's price of attendance calculator to better estimate their cost of attendance. Student housing is available on-campus for students. The yearly cost of housing is about $4,800. Elizabethtown College may provide financial aid for students that are eligible as scholarships, grants, and loans.
The Elizabethtown College Blue Jays participate in several intercollegiate athletic programs, with competitions managed and overseen by the NCAA. Sports available:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Field Hockey (NCAA Division III)
- Golf (NCAA Division III)
To see a full list of areas of study, programs, enrollment information, student services, and more, please visit the school's website at http://www.etown.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may provide a better idea of the students Elizabethtown College accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Elizabethtown College is around 1,800 students. The student body is made up of 97% undergraduate students and 28% graduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition is estimated to be around $46,000 per year for in-state and nonresident students
- For part-time students, charges are between $1,000-$1,200 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$22,901|
|Receiving Student Loans||75%||$8,845|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, Elizabethtown College may provide services including:
- Online classes
- Remedial instructional courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Student employment
Elizabethtown College has a very high graduation rate when compared to similar schools nearby.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||71%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||6%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||1%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Music Program
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, Commission on Accreditation (since 1973)
- Occupational Therapy (OT) Program
- * Accredited by the American Occupational Therapy Association, Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (since 1976)
Elizabethtown College is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division III (without football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Landmark Conference)
- Basketball (Landmark Conference)
- Field Hockey
- Track and Field, Indoor
- Track and Field, Outdoor
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Elizabethtown College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Elizabethtown College.
- Millersville University of Pennsylvania in Millersville, PA (17 miles away)
- Lincoln University of Pennsylvania in Lincoln University, PA (43 miles away)
- Kutztown University of Pennsylvania in Kutztown, PA (49 miles away)
- Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania in Shippensburg, PA (49 miles away)
- West Chester University of Pennsylvania in West Chester, PA (54 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities:
- Browse through our complete list of colleges in Pennsylvania
- Find out what other private colleges are located in Pennsylvania
- Compare other Pennsylvania Christian and Bible Colleges
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Elizabethtown College for official up-to-date information.