Evangel University provides a variety of program options for students to aid them in their growth and development. The school is located in Springfield, Missouri and operated as a private institution. The school maintains an Assemblies of God Church affiliation, which is evident in the role it plays in program curriculums and daily life at the school. Approximately 2,100 students are enrolled per year at Evangel University.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Communications And Journalism
- Philosophy And Religious Studies
- Public Administration And Social Services
- Recreation And Fitness Studies
The admissions process begins with the submission of an application, student records, and standardized test scores, which are then reviewed by admissions officials. Students may submit either the ACT or SAT exam scores to be considered for admissions to Evangel University. A score in a range of 1310 to 1700 on the SAT, or 19 to 26 for the ACT is usually submitted among accepted students. This school has an acceptance rate of 70% of which only 48% decided to enroll.
Undergraduate tuition is approximately $20,000 per year, though it may change based on any number of circumstances. Students should check the school's price of attendance calculator to see the personalize cost of attendance. The cost of on-campus housing is estimated to be $3,600 for the year. Students at Evangel University may be eligible for aid which is generally loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
The Evangel University Crusaders participate in several intercollegiate athletic programs, overseen by the NAIA. Sports available may include the following:
- Baseball (NAIA Division I)
- Basketball (NAIA Division I)
- Track & Field (NAIA Division I)
- Football (NAIA Division I)
- Golf (NAIA Division I)
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may give an overview of the candidates Evangel University accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at Evangel University is about 2,000. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 18% enrolling as graduate students and 88% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- The estimated tuition range is around $20,000-$24,000 per year
- Part time students pay in the range of $840 to $1,000 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||89%||$12,032|
|Receiving Student Loans||87%||$6,779|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, Evangel University may provide student services like:
- Online course work available
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Remedial courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Work study style employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
The overall graduation rate of Evangel University is close to 53%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||35%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||16%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Music Program
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, Commission on Accreditation (since 1970)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- * Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (since 1972)
Evangel University is a Member of National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA), with many of the sports belonging to the NAIA Division I classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Heart of America Athletic Conference)
- Basketball (Heart of America Athletic Conference)
- Track and Field (Heart of America Athletic Conference)
- Football (Heart of America Athletic Conference)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Evangel University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Family and Consumer Sciences
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Evangel University.
- Missouri Southern State University in Joplin, MO (67 miles away)
- Pittsburg State University in Pittsburg, KS (80 miles away)
- Lincoln University - Jefferson City in Jefferson City, MO (110 miles away)
- Northeastern State University in Tahlequah, OK (131 miles away)
- University of Arkansas - Fort Smith in Fort Smith, AR (141 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another:
- See all colleges in Missouri
- See all private colleges in Missouri
- Review a list of Missouri Bible and Christian Colleges
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Evangel University for official up-to-date information.