Fairleigh Dickinson University - Metropolitan Campus provides a variety of educational opportunities for students to assist them in their growth and development. The school is located in Teaneck, New Jersey and operated as a private institution. Over 9,100 students enroll at FDU annually.
Students may select from a few areas of study, including:
- Liberal Arts And Sciences
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Public Administration And Social Services
To be considered for admissions, applicants may be required to fill out an application, write a personal statement, and submit high school records and test scores, which are then reviewed by the admissions staff. The majority of students at FDU scored within the range of 1310 to 1610 on the SAT. An estimated 60% of all students that applied were admitted at Fairleigh Dickinson University - Metropolitan Campus, with 23% of those accepted choosing to enroll.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is nearly $36,000 annually. Tuition prices may change for any number of reasons, and as such students should use the school's price of attendance calculator to identify their cost of attendance. Student housing is available on-campus for students. The annual cost of housing is about $8,800. FDU may help with costs by offering financial aid for students who qualify in the form of grants and loans.
This school offers a variety of athletic programs overseen by the NCAA. Athletic programs available include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division I-AAA)
- Basketball (NCAA Division I-AAA)
- Fencing (NCAA Division I-AAA)
- Golf (NCAA Division I-AAA)
Students may visit the FDU website to see a complete list of academic programs offered, financial aid details, and more that is available at this school.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may give you an idea of the candidates FDU accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Fairleigh Dickinson University – Metropolitan Campus has a total student population of about 8,700, where graduate students make up roughly 7% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $36,000-$43,000 for both in-state and out-of-state students
- Per unit charges are around $1,100 for part time students
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||95%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||95%||$28,448|
|Receiving Student Loans||75%||$7,786|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and recent graduates, Fairleigh Dickinson University – Metropolitan Campus may provide services like those listed below:
- Online course work available
- Night and weekend classes available
- Remedial courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Work study style employment
The overall graduation rate of Fairleigh Dickinson University – Metropolitan Campus is approximately 47%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||29%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||11%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||3%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
Campus: Fairleigh Dickinson University – Metropolitan Campus
- Teacher Education (Bachelor's) Program
- Clinical Psychology (Ph.D.) Program
- Graduate Teacher Education Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
Campus: Fairleigh Dickinson University at Medco School of Pharmacy
- Pharmacy (Pharm. D.) Program
- * Accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (since 2013)
FDU is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division I-AAA classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Northeast Conference)
- Basketball (Northeast Conference)
- Track and Field, Indoor
- Track and Field, Outdoor
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Fairleigh Dickinson University – Metropolitan Campus by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Fairleigh Dickinson University – Metropolitan Campus.
- William Paterson University of New Jersey in Wayne, NJ (10 miles away)
- CUNY Bernard M Baruch College in New York, NY (11 miles away)
- Rutgers University - Newark in Newark, NJ (13 miles away)
- New Jersey City University in Jersey City, NJ (14 miles away)
- Ramapo College of New Jersey in Mahwah, NJ (15 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities:
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Fairleigh Dickinson University – Metropolitan Campus for official up-to-date information.