Faulkner University provides a variety of program options for students to aid them in their growth and development. The school is located in Montgomery, AL and operated as a private institution. The school's Churches of Christ affiliation is one of its defining characteristics and plays an important role within the school's vision. Around three thousand students enroll at Faulkner University yearly.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Legal Professions And Studies
- Security And Protective Services
Students applying for admission are generally asked to submit an application, transcripts, records, standardized test scores and any requested letters of recommendations, which will then be reviewed by the admissions staff. A SAT or ACT exam may be required prior to applying, with scores within the range of 790 to 1404 for the SAT exam and within the range of 17 to 25 on the ACT is common among students accepted to Faulkner University. This school has an acceptance rate of around 58 percent of which only 46 percent chose to attend. More information from the admissions office can be found here.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is nearly $17,000 per year. Tuition prices may change for any number of reasons, and therefore students should use the school's price of attendance calculator to get a better idea of their costs. Housing may be available for students who wish to live on-campus at an estimated cost of $3,600 annually. Financial aid may be offered to students that meet the necessary requirements in the form of loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
The Faulkner University "Eagles" have a number of intercollegiate athletic programs through participation in the NAIA. Available athletic programs offered may include but not limited to:
- Baseball (NAIA Division I)
- Basketball (NAIA Division I)
- Football (NAIA Division I)
- Golf (NAIA Division I)
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may provide a better idea of the students Faulkner University accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at Faulkner University is about 3,300, with undergraduate students making up about 79% of the total student population and graduate students making up the rest.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- The estimated tuition range is around $18,000-$21,000 per year
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $590 to $710 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$10,420|
|Receiving Student Loans||78%||$6,452|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, Faulkner University may offer services like those listed below:
- Online classes
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Remedial instructional courses
- Counseling assistance
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Assistance to find work
Faulkner University has an overall graduation rate which is around 23%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||11%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||10%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||2%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Law Program
- * Accredited by the American Bar Association, Council of the Section of Legal Education and Admissions to the Bar (since 2009)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- * Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (since 2006)
Faulkner University is a Member of National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA), with many of the sports being in the NAIA Division I classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Southern States Athletic Conference)
- Basketball (Southern States Athletic Conference)
- Football (Mid-South Conference)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Faulkner University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Faulkner University.
- Alabama State University in Montgomery, AL (5 miles away)
- Marion Military Institute in Marion, AL (66 miles away)
- University of Montevallo in Montevallo, AL (83 miles away)
- Jacksonville State University in Jacksonville, AL (103 miles away)
- Georgia Southwestern State University in Americus, GA (124 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below:
- Visit the main Alabama colleges & universities profile page
- Browse our list of private colleges in Alabama
- See other Christian and Bible Colleges in Alabama
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Faulkner University for official up-to-date information.