Ferrum College is a nonprofit private university that has many degree programs available for students to choose from. The school is located in Ferrum, VA, in a predominantly rural area. The school's United Methodist affiliation is one of its defining characteristics and plays an important role within the school's mission. Approximately 1,500 students are enrolled yearly at Ferrum College.
Areas of study available at Ferrum College include but are not limited to:
- Security And Protective Services
- Liberal Arts And Sciences
- Public Administration And Social Services
The admissions process will include the submission of an application, transcripts, and standardized test scores, which are then evaluated by admissions staff. Very common test scores among applicants accepted to this school are within the range of 16 to 21 for the ACT exam, or 780 to 980 for the SAT exam. 78% of those students that apply are admitted to Ferrum College, of which 26% choose to enroll. More information on admissions can be found at ferrum.edu.
Tuition is approximately $29,000 per year, though it may vary based on any number of circumstances. Students may visit the school's net price calculator to see the personalize cost of attendance. Financial aid may be provided to students that meet the required requirements.
The mascot for Ferrum College is the "Panthers", and they participate in intercollegiate athletic programs through oversight by the NCAA. Available athletic programs offered may include but not limited to:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Football (NCAA Division III)
- Golf (NCAA Division III)
Students may visit the school's http://www.ferrum.edu to view additional information.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may provide a better idea of the candidates Ferrum College accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college or dual credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Ferrum College is around 1,300 students. The student body is made up of 100% undergraduate students and 32% graduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $31,000-$37,000 for both in-state and out-of-state students
- Part time students pay in the range of $620 to $740 per unit
- The average estimated cost for on campus housing and meals is listed to be around $12,000, the amount includes nineteen meals per week
Financial Aid Details
The information below lists the financial aid types students are receiving. Also shown are the percent of students receiving aid and the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$24,297|
|Receiving Student Loans||99%||$7,772|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, Ferrum College may provide services to students like those listed below:
- Online course work available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Career path counseling
- Student employment
- Assistance to find work
Ferrum College has an overall graduation rate which is close to 32%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||20%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||12%|
Ferrum College is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division III (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Usa South Athletic Conference)
- Basketball (Usa South Athletic Conference)
- Football (Usa South Athletic Conference)
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Ferrum College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Ferrum College.
- Concord University in Athens, WV (65 miles away)
- Virginia Military Institute in Lexington, VA (67 miles away)
- Longwood University in Farmville, VA (93 miles away)
- West Virginia University Institute of Technology in Montgomery, WV (114 miles away)
- West Virginia State University in Institute, WV (138 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another:
- Visit the main Virginia colleges & universities profile page
- Browse our list of private colleges in Virginia
- See if these other Christian Colleges in Virginia may interest you?
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Ferrum College for official up-to-date information.