Fontbonne University, a nonprofit private institution, offers an assortment of educational opportunities, allowing students to choose which major is right for them. Located in Saint Louis, Missouri, the campus resides in a suburban setting for students to study in. The school's Roman Catholic affiliation is one of its defining characteristics and plays an important role within the school's curriculum. Fontbonne University has an annual student enrollment of around 2,500.
Students can pick from several areas of study, including:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Communications And Journalism
- Health And Clinical Professions
Students applying for admission are generally required to submit an application, school records, standardized test scores and any requested personal statements, which will then be reviewed by the school. Most students at Fontbonne University scored in a range of 20 - 24 on the ACT. 63% of applicants are accepted to Fontbonne University, of which 31% choose to enroll. More information on admissions can be found at fontbonne.edu.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is nearly $23,000 annually. Tuition prices may change for any number of reasons, and as such students should visit the school's tuition calculator to get a better idea of their cost of attendance. On-campus housing is available for students, which costs about $4,800 for the year. Financial aid may be offered to students that meet the required requirements in the form of loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
Athletic programs are available at Fontbonne University through the NCAA, allowing students to compete in intercollegiate sports. Athletic programs offered include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Golf (NCAA Division III)
- Lacrosse (NCAA Division III)
Contact information, admission forms, programs, and more may be accessed on school's website at http://www.fontbonne.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may give an overview of the students Fontbonne University accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at Fontbonne University is about 1,700. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 10% enrolling as graduate students and 65% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $23,000-$28,000 for both in-state and out-of-state students
- Per unit charges are around $690 for part time students
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||95%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||93%||$15,029|
|Receiving Student Loans||73%||$6,809|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, Fontbonne University may provide services like those listed below:
- Online course work available
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Remedial courses
- Counseling assistance
- Work study style employment
- Employment search assistance
Fontbonne University has an overall graduation rate which is close to 41%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||3%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||16%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||22%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Dietetics Program
- * Accredited by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (since 1971)
- Speech-Language Pathology Program
- * Accredited by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (since 1991)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- * Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (since 2003)
Fontbonne University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division III (without football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (St. Louis Intercollegiate Ath Conf)
- Basketball (St. Louis Intercollegiate Ath Conf)
- Track and Field, Indoor
- Track and Field, Outdoor
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Fontbonne University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Family and Consumer Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Fontbonne University.
- Harris - Stowe State University in Saint Louis, MO (5 miles away)
- University of Illinois at Springfield in Springfield, IL (84 miles away)
- Austin Peay State University in Clarksville, TN (218 miles away)
- Indiana University - Southeast in New Albany, IN (244 miles away)
- Missouri Southern State University in Joplin, MO (250 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities:
- Compare schools and see a list of all colleges in Missouri
- Get a list of all private colleges in Missouri
- See if these other Christian Colleges in Missouri may interest you?
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Fontbonne University for official up-to-date information.