Franklin Pierce University is a liberal arts college that offers an undergraduate education and helps students in developing important skills useful in pursuit of graduate education or employment. A liberal arts curriculum exposes students to a variety of topics and subjects. The school is located in Rindge, New Hampshire, which is a predominantly rural area. FPU has a yearly student enrollment of over 2,400.
Here is a list of some of the popular programs FPU offers:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Communications And Journalism
- Security And Protective Services
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
To be considered for admissions, applicants may be required to fill out an application, provide letters of recommendations, and submit school records, which are then studied by the admissions committee. Most common scores among applicants accepted to this school are in the range of 18 - 24 for the ACT exam, or 1280 - 1590 on the SAT exam. Approximately 90% of all applicant were admitted at this school, with 18% of those admitted choosing to attend. More information on admissions can be found here.
Undergraduate tuition is approximately $32,000 annually, though it may change based on any number of circumstances. Students may visit the school's price of attendance calculator to get a more personalized estimate of costs. Student housing is available on-campus for students. The annual cost of housing is approximately $6,800. Students enrolled at Franklin Pierce University may be eligible for aid which is usually scholarships, grants, and loans.
Athletic programs are available at Franklin Pierce University through the NCAA, allowing students to participate in intercollegiate sports. Sports available may include but not limited to:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Field Hockey (NCAA Division II)
Students may visit the Franklin Pierce University website to see a complete list of academic programs offered, student services, and more.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may give an overview of the students Franklin Pierce University accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college or dual credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Franklin Pierce University is around 2,300 students. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 19% enrolling as graduate students and 73% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition is estimated to be around $34,000 per year for in-state and nonresident students
- For part-time students, charges are between $1,000-$1,200 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The information below lists the financial aid types students are receiving. Also shown are the percent of students receiving aid and the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||97%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||97%||$18,815|
|Receiving Student Loans||79%||$8,795|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and recent graduates, Franklin Pierce University may provide student services including:
- Online classes
- Night and weekend classes available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Career path counseling
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Employment search assistance
Franklin Pierce University has an overall graduation rate which is close to 44%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||39%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||5%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||0.4%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
Campus: Franklin Pierce College at Portsmouth, NH
- Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN) Program
- * Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 2014)
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- * Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 2009)
Campus: Franklin Pierce at Goodyear, AZ
Campus: Franklin Pierce College at Concord, NH
Franklin Pierce University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division II (without football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Northeast 10 Conference)
- Basketball (Northeast 10 Conference)
- Field Hockey
- Ice Hockey
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Franklin Pierce University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Franklin Pierce University.
- Fitchburg State University in Fitchburg, MA (19 miles away)
- University of New Hampshire at Manchester in Manchester, NH (33 miles away)
- Granite State College in Concord, NH (40 miles away)
- Framingham State College in Framingham, MA (46 miles away)
- Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts in North Adams, MA (53 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below:
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Franklin Pierce University for official up-to-date information.