Gannon University is a nonprofit private school that has a large selection of degrees available for students to choose from. The school is located in Erie, Pennsylvania, in a predominantly urban area. The school's Roman Catholic affiliation is one of its defining characteristics and plays an important role within the school's curriculum. Gannon University has a yearly student enrollment of approximately 4,200.
Students may select from a few areas of study, including:
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Recreation And Fitness Studies
The admissions process starts with the submission of an application, school records, and standardized test scores, which are then evaluated by admissions officials. Students may take either the SAT or ACT scores to be considered for admissions at Gannon University. A score in a range of 910 to 1150 on the SAT, or 20 to 25 for the ACT is common among admitted students. Roughly 90% of all students that applied were accepted at this school, with 22% of those accepted choosing to enroll. More information on admissions can be found here.
The cost of tuition is nearly $29,000, but may change yearly. Students are encouraged to use the school's tuition calculator to better estimate their cost of attending this school. Housing is available for students and costs approximately $5,900 each year. Some students at this school may be eligible for financial aid, which is generally offered as scholarships, grants, and loans.
The Gannon University Golden Knights participate in several athletic programs, within the NCAA. Available sports offered may include the following:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Football (NCAA Division II)
- Golf (NCAA Division II)
Students can visit the school's http://www.gannon.edu to view additional information.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may give an overview of the students Gannon University accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college or dual credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at Gannon University is about 4,400, where graduate students make up roughly 14% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $29,000-$35,000 for both in-state and out-of-state students
- Per unit charges are around $760 for part time students
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||98%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||95%||$19,049|
|Receiving Student Loans||87%||$8,272|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, Gannon University may provide services including:
- Online classes
- Remedial instructional courses
- Counseling assistance
- Student employment
- Assisting students to find work
Gannon University has an overall graduation rate which is close to 65%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||45%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||13%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||2%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
- Occupational Therapy (OT) Program
- Radiology Technician Program
Gannon University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division II (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference)
- Basketball (Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference)
- Football (Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference)
- Swimming and Diving
- Track and Field, X-Country
- Water Polo
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Gannon University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Family and Consumer Sciences
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Personal and Culinary Services
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Gannon University.
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Erie - Behrend College in Erie, PA (5 miles away)
- Edinboro University of Pennsylvania in Edinboro, PA (18 miles away)
- University of Pittsburgh - Titusville in Titusville, PA (41 miles away)
- SUNY at Fredonia in Fredonia, NY (44 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Shenango in Sharon, PA (65 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another:
- Compare schools and see a list of all colleges in Pennsylvania
- Review a list of Pennsylvania private colleges
- Find out what other Bible and Christian Colleges are located in Pennsylvania
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Gannon University for official up-to-date information.