Gardner - Webb University is a nonprofit private institution located in Boiling Springs, NC and provides a large number of degree programs for students. The school maintains a Southern Baptist affiliation, which is evident in the role it plays in program curriculums and daily life at the school. Enrollment at Gardner - Webb University is nearly four thousand yearly.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Social Sciences
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Health And Clinical Professions
The admissions process will begin with the submission of an application, school records, and standardized test scores, which are then reviewed by the admissions staff. Most students admitted to GWU have an SAT score within the range of 1285 - 1665, or an ACT score within the range of 18 - 24. This school admits around 60% of applicants annually. Of those accepted, about 17% of students registered for enrollment.
Undergraduate tuition is approximately $26,000 for the year, though it may vary based on any number of circumstances. Students should visit the school's tuition calculator to get a more personalized estimate of costs. Housing is available on-campus for students. The annual cost of housing is around $4,300. Some students at Gardner - Webb University may be eligible for financial aid, which is generally offered as grants or student loans.
The GWU "Runnin' Bulldogs" compete in a number of intercollegiate sports through participation in the NCAA. Athletic programs available include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Basketball (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Football (NCAA Division I-AA)
Students who wish to learn more about Gardner - Webb University can visit their website at http://www.gardner-webb.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may give you an idea of the candidates Gardner – Webb University accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Gardner – Webb University is around 4,300 students, where graduate students make up roughly 11% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition is estimated to be around $31,000 per year for in-state and nonresident students
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $450 to $540 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The information below lists the financial aid types students are receiving. Also shown are the percent of students receiving aid and the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$18,973|
|Receiving Student Loans||71%||$7,405|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, Gardner – Webb University may provide services like:
- Distance learning
- Night and weekend classes available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Work study style employment
- Assisting students to find work
The overall graduation rate of Gardner – Webb University is approximately 57%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||43%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||12%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||0.3%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Music Program
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program
- Doctorate Degree in Nursing (DSN) Program
- Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN) Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- Theology (Ministry) Program
Gardner – Webb University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division I-AA classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Big South Conference)
- Basketball (Big South Conference)
- Track and Field (Big South Conference)
- Football (Big South Conference)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Gardner – Webb University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Gardner – Webb University.
- University of South Carolina - Upstate in Spartanburg, SC (24 miles away)
- Winthrop University in Rock Hill, SC (43 miles away)
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte in Charlotte, NC (53 miles away)
- University of North Carolina at Asheville in Asheville, NC (56 miles away)
- University of South Carolina - Lancaster in Lancaster, SC (61 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another:
- Compare all colleges & universities in North Carolina
- Review a list of North Carolina private colleges
- Compare other North Carolina Christian and Bible Colleges
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Gardner – Webb University for official up-to-date information.