Gordon College is a liberal arts college that offers an undergraduate education and helps students in developing important skills useful in pursuit of graduate education or employment. A liberal arts curriculum exposes students to a variety of topics and subjects. The school is located in Wenham, Massachusetts, which is a predominantly suburban area. The school maintains an Interdenominational affiliation, which is evident in the role it plays in program curriculums and daily life at the school. Gordon College has a yearly student enrollment of approximately 1,600.
Students may choose from many areas of study, including:
- English Language And Literature
- Communications And Journalism
- Business And Marketing Studies
The admissions process begins with the submission of an application, transcripts, and test scores, which are then reviewed by admissions staff. A SAT or ACT exam may be required prior to applying, with scores within the range of 1554 to 1970 for the SAT exam and in a range of 22 to 28 on the ACT is common among students accepted to this school. This school admits around 40% of applicants. Of those applicants admitted, nearly 26% attended the school. More information regarding admissions can be found here.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is approximately $34,000, but may change each year. Students are encouraged to use the school's tuition calculator to better understand their cost of attendance. Housing may be available for students who wish to live on-campus at an estimated cost of $6,200 per year. Financial aid may be offered to students that meet the required requirements.
The Gordon College Scots participate in several intercollegiate athletic programs, within the NCAA organization. Athletic programs offered include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Field Hockey (NCAA Division III)
- Lacrosse (NCAA Division III)
To see a full list of programs offered, enrollment information, admissions information, and more, please take a look at the school's website at http://www.gordon.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may give an overview of the students Gordon College accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Gordon College is around 2,000 students. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 22% enrolling as graduate students and 83% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are between $34,000-$41,000 for both state residents and nonresidents
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $1,200 to $1,400 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$17,969|
|Receiving Student Loans||68%||$9,714|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and recent graduates, Gordon College may provide services to students including:
- Online course work available
- Remedial courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Student employment
- Assisting students to find work
With a high graduation rate of around 71%, Gordon College is among the most successful schools in the area.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||58%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||11%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||1%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Music Program
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, Commission on Accreditation (since 1975)
Gordon College is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division III (without football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Commonwealth Coast Conference)
- Basketball (Commonwealth Coast Conference)
- Field Hockey
- Track and Field, Indoor
- Track and Field, Outdoor
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Gordon College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Foreign Languages and Literature
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Gordon College.
- Framingham State College in Framingham, MA (37 miles away)
- Bridgewater State University in Bridgewater, MA (43 miles away)
- University of New Hampshire at Manchester in Manchester, NH (43 miles away)
- Eastern Connecticut State University in Willimantic, CT (94 miles away)
- Westfield State University in Westfield, MA (105 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below:
- Review a complete list of all the Massachusetts colleges
- Compare other Massachusetts private colleges
- Review all the liberal arts colleges located in Massachusetts
- Browse our detailed list of Bible & Christian Colleges in Massachusetts
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Gordon College for official up-to-date information.