Gwynedd Mercy College provides a variety of program options for students to aid them in their growth and development. The school is located in Gwynedd Valley, Pennsylvania and operated as a private institution. The Roman Catholic affiliation at the school is an important part of the history, education and curriculum that defines the school. Gwynedd Mercy College has an annual student enrollment of about two thousand.
Areas of study offered at Gwynedd Mercy College include but are not limited to:
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Public Administration And Social Services
The admissions process will include the submission of an application, student records, and test scores, which are then evaluated by the admissions staff. Either the ACT or SAT exam must be taken in order to apply to this school. Scores within the range of 17 - 21 on the ACT or 1320 - 1600 on the SAT are required to greatly increase the chance of getting accepted. This school admits about 50 percent of students applying yearly. Of those applicants accepted, around 31 percent registered for enrollment. More information on admissions can be found here.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is nearly $30,000 annually. Tuition prices may change for any number of reasons, and that is why students should use the school's tuition calculator to understand their cost of attendance. Financial aid may be offered to students that meet the required requirements.
Athletic programs are available at Gwynedd Mercy College through the NCAA, allowing students to compete in intercollegiate sports. Athletic programs available may include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Field Hockey (NCAA Division II)
- Lacrosse (NCAA Division II)
Students may visit the website to see a complete list of programs offered, admissions information, and more that is available at this school.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may provide a better idea of the applicants Gwynedd Mercy College accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college or dual credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Gwynedd Mercy College has a total student population of about 2,600, where graduate students make up roughly 9% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- The estimated tuition range is around $32,000-$38,000 per year
- Part time students pay in the range of $630 to $750 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$18,792|
|Receiving Student Loans||83%||$9,512|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, Gwynedd Mercy College may offer services including:
- Distance learning
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Remedial instructional courses
- Career path counseling
- Work study style employment
Gwynedd Mercy College has an overall graduation rate which is approximately 66%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||20%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||5%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program
- * Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1965)
- Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN) Program
- * Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1993)
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- * Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1975)
Gwynedd Mercy College is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division II (without football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (364)
- Basketball (364)
- Field Hockey
- Track and Field, Indoor
- Track and Field, Outdoor
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Security and Protective Services
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Gwynedd Mercy College.
- Pennsylvania State University - Brandywine in Media, PA (22 miles away)
- Cheyney University of Pennsylvania in Cheyney, PA (24 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Lehigh Valley in Center Valley, PA (35 miles away)
- Lincoln University of Pennsylvania in Lincoln University, PA (44 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Schuylkill in Schuylkill Haven, PA (58 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities:
- See all colleges in Pennsylvania
- Browse our list of private colleges in Pennsylvania
- Find out what other Bible and Christian Colleges are located in Pennsylvania
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Gwynedd Mercy College for official up-to-date information.