Hanover College is a liberal arts college that offers an undergraduate education and helps students in developing important skills useful in pursuit of graduate education or employment. A liberal arts curriculum exposes students to a variety of topics and subjects. The school is located in Hanover, IN, which is a predominantly rural area. The school maintains a Presbyterian Church affiliation, which is evident in the role it plays in program curriculums and daily life at the school. Enrollment at Hanover College is nearly 1,000 per year.
Students can pick from many areas of study, including but not limited to:
- Recreation And Fitness Studies
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
To be considered for admissions, students may be required to fill out an application, provide letters of recommendations, and submit school transcripts, which are then reviewed by admissions officials. Either the SAT or ACT exam can be taken in order to apply to this school. Scores within the range of 22 - 28 on the ACT or 1490 - 1800 on the SAT are needed to greatly increase your chances for acceptance. This school has an acceptance rate of around 67% of which only 15% chose to enroll. Admissions information regarding HC can be obtained by calling the school or by requesting information here.
The cost of tuition is around $32,000, but may change yearly. Students are encouraged to visit the school's tuition calculator to better estimate their cost of attendance. Student housing is available on-campus for students. The yearly cost of housing is about $4,700. Some students at this school may qualify for financial aid, which is generally provided in the form of loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
The mascot for Hanover College is the "Panthers", and they participate in intercollegiate athletic programs through oversight by the NCAA. Athletic programs available may include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division III)
- Football (NCAA Division III)
Students who wish to get more about Hanover College may check out their website at http://www.hanover.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may give you an idea of the candidates Hanover College accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP or college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Hanover College is around 1,100 students, where graduate students make up roughly 27% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- The estimated tuition range is around $34,000-$40,000 per year
- Per unit charges are around $1,000 for part time students
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||98%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||97%||$24,519|
|Receiving Student Loans||66%||$6,939|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, Hanover College may provide student services like:
- Academic counseling for students
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Employment search assistance
Hanover College has a very high graduation rate when compared to nearby similar schools.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||68%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||3%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||0.4%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- * Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (since 1992)
Hanover College is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division III (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference)
- Basketball (Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference)
- Track and Field (Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference)
- Football (Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Hanover College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Hanover College.
- Indiana University - Southeast in New Albany, IN (31 miles away)
- Kentucky State University in Frankfort, KY (49 miles away)
- Indiana University - East in Richmond, IN (86 miles away)
- Central State University in Wilberforce, OH (110 miles away)
- Indiana University - Kokomo in Kokomo, IN (126 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another:
- Browse through our complete list of colleges in Indiana
- Browse our list of private colleges in Indiana
- See all the liberal arts colleges in Indiana
- Compare other Indiana Christian and Bible Colleges
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Hanover College for official up-to-date information.