Hardin - Simmons University provides a variety of educational opportunities for students to aid them in their growth and development. The school is located in Abilene, Texas and operated as a private institution. The Baptist affiliation of this school is an important part of the history, education and mission that defines the school. HSU has an annual student enrollment of nearly two thousand.
Areas of study available at HSU include but are not limited to:
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Business And Marketing Studies
The admissions process starts with the submission of an application, transcripts, records, and standardized test scores, which are then evaluated by admissions staff. A SAT or ACT exam is required prior to applying, with scores within the range of 1370 - 1700 for the SAT exam and in a range of 20 - 26 for the ACT exam is common among students admitted to Hardin - Simmons University. HSU admits approximately 60% of applicants. Of those students admitted, about 40% registered for enrollment. More information from the admissions office can be found at hsutx.edu.
Tuition is approximately $25,000 annually, though it may change based on any number of circumstances. Students should visit the school's price of attendance calculator to find what your personalized cost of attendance would be. Housing may be available for students that would like to live on-campus at an estimated cost of $3,700 per year. Some students at HSU may be eligible for financial aid, which is typically provided as scholarships, grants, and loans.
The mascot for Hardin - Simmons University is the "Cowboys", and they participate in intercollegiate athletic programs through oversight by the NCAA. Available sports offered may include the following:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Football (NCAA Division III)
Students can visit the Hardin - Simmons University website to get a complete list of programs offered, admissions information, and more.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may give an overview of the applicants Hardin – Simmons University accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP or college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Hardin – Simmons University is around 2,100 students. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 20% enrolling as graduate students and 77% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- The estimated tuition range is around $25,000-$29,000 per year
- For part-time students, charges are between $750-$900 per unit
- Some programs may have a frozen tuition rate, which means the tuition will stay the same for up to five years.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||98%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||97%||$13,201|
|Receiving Student Loans||62%||$8,778|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and recent graduates, Hardin – Simmons University may provide services to students like:
- Distance learning
- Remedial courses
- Career path counseling
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Employment search assistance
The overall graduation rate of Hardin – Simmons University is around 51%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||34%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||16%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||2%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
Campus: Hardin – Simmons University
- Music Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
- Theology (Ministry) Program
Campus: Logsdon Seminary Theology Program at South Texas School of Christion Studies
- Theology (Ministry) Program
- * Accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools (since 2006)
Campus: Logston Seminary Theology Program at Trinity Baptist Church
- Theology (Ministry) Program
- * Accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools (since 2012)
HSU, Hardin-Simmons is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division III (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (American Southwest Conference)
- Basketball (American Southwest Conference)
- Football (American Southwest Conference)
- Track and Field, Indoor
- Track and Field, Outdoor
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Hardin – Simmons University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Hardin – Simmons University.
- Angelo State University in San Angelo, TX (83 miles away)
- Tarleton State University in Stephenville, TX (91 miles away)
- Midwestern State University in Wichita Falls, TX (120 miles away)
- The University of Texas at Arlington in Arlington, TX (154 miles away)
- The University of Texas of the Permian Basin in Odessa, TX (157 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another:
- Review a complete list of all the Texas colleges
- See all private colleges in Texas
- See if these other Christian Colleges in Texas may interest you?
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Hardin – Simmons University for official up-to-date information.