Heidelberg University provides a variety of program options for students to guide them in their growth and development. The school is located in Tiffin, OH and operated as a private institution. The school's United Church of Christ affiliation is one of its defining characteristics and plays an important role within the school's curriculum. Enrollment at Heidelburg College is nearly a thousand per year.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Recreation And Fitness Studies
- Social Sciences
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
The school maintains an open enrollment policy, accepting any applicants that meet the minimum requirements for admission. Submission of school records, test scores, and personal statements may be requested for certain programs. More information regarding admissions can be found at heidelberg.edu.
The cost of tuition is close to $26,000 per year. Tuition prices may change for any number of reasons, and as such students should visit the school's price of attendance calculator to get a better idea of their personalized cost estimate of attendance. Housing may be available for those that want to live on-campus for around a cost of $4,700 each year. Heidelberg University may provide financial aid for students that are eligible by way of grants and loans.
Athletic programs are available at Heidelberg University through the NCAA, allowing students to participate in intercollegiate sports. Athletic programs offered include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division III)
- Football (NCAA Division III)
Students who wish to see more about Heidelburg College can check out their website at http://www.heidelberg.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may give an overview of the students Heidelberg University accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at Heidelberg University is about 1,200. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 23% enrolling as graduate students and 85% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $28,000-$33,000 for both in-state and out-of-state students
- Part time students pay in the range of $720 to $860 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$18,205|
|Receiving Student Loans||97%||$7,923|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, Heidelberg University may provide services like:
- Online classes
- Remedial courses
- Counseling assistance
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Helping students find work after graduation
The overall graduation rate of Heidelberg University is approximately 51%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||35%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||13%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||2%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Music Program
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, Commission on Accreditation (since 1956)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- * Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (since 2011)
Heidelberg University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division III (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Ohio Athletic Conference)
- Basketball (Ohio Athletic Conference)
- Track and Field (Ohio Athletic Conference)
- Football (Ohio Athletic Conference)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Heidelberg University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Heidelberg University.
- Ohio State University - Marion Campus in Marion, OH (37 miles away)
- Ohio State University - Mansfield Campus in Mansfield, OH (38 miles away)
- Ohio State University - Lima Campus in Lima, OH (52 miles away)
- Wright State University - Lake Campus in Celina, OH (79 miles away)
- Ohio State University - Newark Campus in Newark, OH (82 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another:
- Get a list of all the colleges in Ohio
- See all private colleges in Ohio
- Find out what other Bible and Christian Colleges are located in Ohio
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Heidelberg University for official up-to-date information.