Huntingdon College is a liberal arts college that offers an undergraduate education and assists students in developing important skills useful in pursuit of graduate education or employment. A liberal arts curriculum exposes students to a variety of topics and subjects. The school is located in Montgomery, Alabama, which is a predominantly urban area. The school maintains a United Methodist affiliation, which is evident in the role it plays in program curriculums and daily life at the school. Nearly a thousand students enroll at Huntingdon College per year.
Here is a list of some of the popular programs Huntingdon College offers:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Recreation And Fitness Studies
The admissions process will begin with the submission of an application, transcripts, records, and test scores, which are then evaluated by the admissions committee. The majority of students accepted to this school achieve an SAT score within the range of 1306 - 1693, or an ACT composite score between 19 - 23. Roughly 60% of all students that applied were accepted at this school, with 29% of those accepted choosing to attend. More information from the admissions office can be found at huntingdon.edu.
Undergraduate tuition is approximately $19,000 per year, though it may vary based on any number of circumstances. Students should visit the school's tuition calculator to get a more personalized estimate of costs. Financial aid may be provided to students that meet the required requirements by way of grants or student loans.
The Huntingdon College Hawks participate in a number of athletic programs, with competitions managed and overseen by the NCAA. Athletic programs available may include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Football (NCAA Division III)
- Golf (NCAA Division III)
- Soccer (NCAA Division III)
Students may visit the Huntingdon College website to get a complete list of programs offered, financial aid details, and more.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may give an overview of the applicants Huntingdon College accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Huntingdon College has a total student population of about 1,200, where graduate students make up roughly 22% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- The estimated tuition range is around $22,000-$26,000 per year
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $780 to $940 per unit
- The average estimated cost for on campus housing and meals is listed to be around $11,000, the amount includes nineteen meals each week
- Some programs may have tuition rates that will remain the same as the first year for up to five years.
Financial Aid Details
The information below lists the financial aid types students are receiving. Also shown are the percent of students receiving aid and the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$13,241|
|Receiving Student Loans||71%||$7,787|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, Huntingdon College may provide services to students including:
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Academic counseling for students
- Work study style employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
The overall graduation rate of Huntingdon College is around 43%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||30%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||10%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||3%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Music Program
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, Commission on Accreditation (since 1981)
Huntingdon College is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division III (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Usa South Athletic Conference)
- Basketball (Usa South Athletic Conference)
- Football (Usa South Athletic Conference)
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Huntingdon College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
English Language and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Huntingdon College.
- Alabama State University in Montgomery, AL (1 miles away)
- Auburn University - Montgomery in Montgomery, AL (7 miles away)
- University of Montevallo in Montevallo, AL (83 miles away)
- Georgia Southwestern State University in Americus, GA (128 miles away)
- Gordon College in Barnesville, GA (133 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below:
- Visit the main Alabama colleges & universities profile page
- Review a list of Alabama private colleges
- Review all the liberal arts colleges located in Alabama
- See other Christian and Bible Colleges in Alabama
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Huntingdon College for official up-to-date information.