Iona College provides a variety of degree programs for students to assist them in their growth and development. The school is located in New Rochelle, NY and operated as a private institution. The Roman Catholic affiliation of this school is an important part of the history, education and curriculum that defines the school. Enrollment at Iona College exceeds 4,100 annually.
Areas of study available at Iona College include but are not limited to:
- Communications And Journalism
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Health And Clinical Professions
Students applying for admission are asked to submit an application, school records, test scores and any requested personal statements, which will then be reviewed by the admissions staff. A SAT or ACT exam may be required prior to applying, with scores in a range of 890 to 1080 on the SAT and in a range of 19 to 24 for the ACT exam is common among students admitted to Iona College. This school accepts about 70% of students applying annually. Of those students admitted, around 14% of students enrolled. More information on admissions can be found at iona.edu.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is close to $33,000 per year. Tuition prices may change for a variety of reasons, and as such students should visit the school's net price calculator to get a better idea of their personalized cost estimate of attendance. Students at Iona College may be eligible for aid which is typically scholarships, grants, and loans.
The Iona College "Gaels" have a number of intercollegiate athletic programs through participation in the NCAA. Athletic programs available:
- Baseball (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Basketball (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Golf (NCAA Division I-AA)
Students may visit the website to obtain a complete list of programs offered, admissions information, and more that is available at this school.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may provide a better idea of the candidates Iona College accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Iona College is around 4,000 students. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 21% enrolling as graduate students and 82% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are between $33,000-$40,000 for both state residents and nonresidents
- Part time students pay in the range of $1,100 to $1,300 per unit
- The estimated cost for room and board is around $17,000
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||98%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||98%||$19,975|
|Receiving Student Loans||67%||$8,233|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and recent graduates, Iona College may provide services to students like:
- Online course work available
- Night and weekend classes available
- Counseling assistance
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Assisting students to find work
The overall graduation rate of Iona College is around 63%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||53%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||8%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||2%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Speech-Language Pathology Program
- * Accredited by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (since 2013)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- * Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (since 2003)
Iona College is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division I-AA classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference)
- Basketball (Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference)
- Track and Field (Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference)
- Swimming and Diving
- Water Polo
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Iona College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Security and Protective Services
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Iona College.
- CUNY Lehman College in Bronx, NY (7 miles away)
- CUNY City College in New York, NY (11 miles away)
- CUNY Queens College in Queens, NY (13 miles away)
- CUNY Hunter College in New York, NY (14 miles away)
- SUNY College at Old Westbury in Old Westbury, NY (15 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another:
- Review a complete list of all the New York colleges
- Browse our list of private colleges in New York
- See other Christian and Bible Colleges in New York
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Iona College for official up-to-date information.