Juniata College is a liberal arts college that offers an undergraduate education and assists students in developing important skills useful in pursuit of graduate education or employment. A liberal arts curriculum exposes students to a variety of topics and subjects. The school is located in Huntingdon, Pennsylvania, which is a predominantly rural area. Approximately 1,600 students are enrolled yearly at Juniata College.
Here is a list of some of the popular programs Juniata College offers:
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Social Sciences
The admissions process will begin with the submission of an application, transcripts, records, and test scores, which are then evaluated by the admissions office. A SAT or ACT exam may be required prior to applying, with scores in a range of 1590 to 1900 on the SAT and within the range of 23 to 28 on the ACT is typical among students accepted to this school. This school accepts around 70% of applicants annually. Of those students admitted, about 24% of students registered for enrollment. More information from the admissions office can be found at juniata.edu.
Undergraduate tuition is approximately $37,000 for the year, though it may vary based on any number of circumstances. Students should check the school's price of attendance calculator to get a more personalized estimate of costs. Housing may be available for students who wish to live on-campus for around a cost of $5,400 each year. Students enrolled at this school may qualify for aid which is generally scholarships, grants, and loans.
The Juniata College "Eagles" compete in a number of intercollegiate sports through participation in the NCAA. Available sports offered may include but not limited to:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Field Hockey (NCAA Division III)
- Football (NCAA Division III)
- Soccer (NCAA Division III)
Contact information, admission forms, areas of study, and more may be viewed on school's website at www.juniata.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may provide a better idea of the students Juniata College accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college or dual credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Juniata College has a total student population of about 1,600, with undergraduate students making up about 99% of the total student population and graduate students making up the rest.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- The estimated tuition range is around $40,000-$48,000 per year
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $1,600 to $1,900 per unit
- May offer prepaid tuition rates, allowing tuition to be purchased at current rates for future enrollment.
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$25,328|
|Receiving Student Loans||69%||$8,876|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, Juniata College may provide student services like those listed below:
- Online course work available
- Career path counseling
- Work study style employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
With a high graduation rate of around 75%, Juniata College is among the most successful schools in the area.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||72%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||3%|
Juniata College is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division III (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Landmark Conference)
- Basketball (Landmark Conference)
- Field Hockey
- Football (Centennial Conference)
- Track and Field, Indoor
- Track and Field, Outdoor
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Juniata College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Juniata College.
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Altoona in Altoona, PA (21 miles away)
- Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania in Shippensburg, PA (40 miles away)
- University of Pittsburgh - Johnstown in Johnstown, PA (46 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Mont Alto in Mont Alto, PA (52 miles away)
- Lock Haven University of Pennsylvania in Lock Haven, PA (53 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below:
- Compare schools and see a list of all colleges in Pennsylvania
- Compare other Pennsylvania private colleges
- See all the liberal arts colleges in Pennsylvania
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Juniata College for official up-to-date information.