Kansas Wesleyan University, located in Salina, Kansas, is a private 4 year Methodist institution founded in 1886. The school offers quality educational programs and had its accreditation reaffirmed in 1997. Salina is the sixth largest city in Kansas, and a hub for interstate travel, and Kansas' cultural and artistic center. The school offers a liberal arts education and ensures that its students receive a well rounded education.
Kansas Wesleyan University offers a diverse number of programs across multiple fields in order to provide its students with option in regards to what they wish to study and how they wish to approach their future. The school offers bachelor and master programs as well as an adult study program in business management.
Programs offered include:
Admissions and Financial Aid
Students wishing to enroll at KWU must complete the application form and submit any transcripts and test scores relevant to review. Some programs may have additional requirements and such requirements must be met for admission o be a possibility. Upon receiving the application the school will review the supplied information and make a decision regarding admission.
Financial aid is available to qualifying students. Students in need of aid should contact the financial aid office for assistance and visit the school's website for additional information,
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may provide a better idea of the applicants Kansas Wesleyan University accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Kansas Wesleyan University is around 750 students, with undergraduate students making up about 92% of the total student population and graduate students making up the rest.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition is estimated to be around $29,000 per year for in-state and nonresident students
- Per unit charges are around $290 for part time students
Financial Aid Details
The information below lists the financial aid types students are receiving. Also shown are the percent of students receiving aid and the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$16,788|
|Receiving Student Loans||82%||$6,667|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, Kansas Wesleyan University may provide services to students like those listed below:
- Distance learning
- Remedial instructional courses
- Counseling assistance
- Work study style employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
Kansas Wesleyan University has an overall graduation rate which is close to 43%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||31%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||8%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||4%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program
- * Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1990)
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- * Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1992)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- * Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (since 2003)
Kansas Wesleyan University is a Member of National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA), with many of the sports belonging to the NAIA Division II classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conf)
- Basketball (Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conf)
- Track and Field (Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conf)
- Football (Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conf)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Kansas Wesleyan University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Kansas Wesleyan University.
- Wichita State University in Wichita, KS (78 miles away)
- Emporia State University in Emporia, KS (82 miles away)
- Fort Hays State University in Hays, KS (93 miles away)
- Washburn University in Topeka, KS (104 miles away)
- Haskell Indian Nations University in Lawrence, KS (128 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another:
- Get a list of all the colleges in Kansas
- Get a list of all private colleges in Kansas
- Compare other Kansas Christian and Bible Colleges
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact Kansas Wesleyan University for official up-to-date information.