Kings College is a nonprofit private university that has a large selection of degree programs available for students to choose from. The school is located in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, in a predominantly urban area. The Roman Catholic affiliation at the school is an important part of the history, education and mission that defines the school. Approximately two thousand students are enrolled per year at Kings College.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Security And Protective Services
To be considered for admissions, applicants may be required to complete an application, write a personal statement, and submit any transcripts or test scores, which are then reviewed by admissions staff. Kings College accepts about 70% of students applying annually. Of those applicants admitted, about 30% of students attended the school. Key information on admissions can be found through the school's primary portal.
The cost of tuition is close to $30,000, but may change each year. Students are encouraged to visit the school's net price calculator to better understand their cost of attending Kings College. Student housing is available for students, and generally costs around $5,600 for the year. King's College may provide financial aid for students who are eligible by way of scholarships, grants, and loans.
The Kings College "Monarchs" have a number of intercollegiate athletic programs through participation in the NCAA. Athletic programs offered include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Field Hockey (NCAA Division III)
Contact information, admission forms, programs, and much more can be accessed on school's website at www.kings.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may give an overview of the students Kings College accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP or college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at King’s College – Wilkes Barre is about 2,300, where graduate students make up roughly 23% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $33,000-$39,000 for both in-state and out-of-state students
- Per unit charges are around $580 for part time students
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$19,233|
|Receiving Student Loans||97%||$8,246|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, King’s College – Wilkes Barre may provide services to students like those listed below:
- Distance learning
- Night and weekend classes available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Counseling assistance
- Work study style employment
- Employment search assistance
King’s College – Wilkes Barre has an overall graduation rate which is around 66%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||61%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||4%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||0.5%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- * Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (since 2008)
Kings College is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division III (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Division Iii Independents)
- Basketball (Division Iii Independents)
- Field Hockey
- Football (Division Iii Independents)
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by King’s College – Wilkes Barre by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Family and Consumer Sciences
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Security and Protective Services
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to King’s College – Wilkes Barre.
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Worthington Scranton in Dunmore, PA (16 miles away)
- Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania in Bloomsburg, PA (36 miles away)
- East Stroudsburg University of Pennsylvania in East Stroudsburg, PA (40 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Lehigh Valley in Center Valley, PA (49 miles away)
- Kutztown University of Pennsylvania in Kutztown, PA (53 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below:
- Compare all colleges & universities in Pennsylvania
- Review a list of Pennsylvania private colleges
- Review a list of Pennsylvania Bible and Christian Colleges
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact King’s College – Wilkes Barre for official up-to-date information.