La Roche College is a nonprofit private school that has many degree programs available for students to choose from. The school is located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, in a predominantly suburban area. The school's Roman Catholic affiliation is one of its defining characteristics and plays an important role within the school's mission. LRC has a yearly student enrollment of about a thousand.
Areas of study available at La Roche College include but are not limited to:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Visual And Performing Arts
- Health And Clinical Professions
To be considered for admissions, applicants may be asked to fill out an application, write a personal statement, and submit any transcripts or test scores, which are then studied by the admissions office. Students may provide either the SAT or ACT scores to be considered for admissions at La Roche College. A score in a range of 1240 to 1530 on the SAT, or 17 to 21 for the ACT is usually submitted among admitted students. Roughly 50% of all applicant were admitted at La Roche College, with 38% of those admitted choosing to enroll. More information from the admissions office can be found here.
The cost of tuition is close to $25,000, but may change from year to year. Students are encouraged to use the school's tuition calculator to better estimate their cost of attendance. School housing is available on-campus for students. The annual cost of housing is estimated to be $6,400. La Roche College may offer financial aid for students who qualify by way of scholarships, grants, and loans.
Athletic programs are available at LRC through the NCAA, allowing students to participate in intercollegiate sports. Sports available may include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Golf (NCAA Division III)
- Lacrosse (NCAA Division III)
- Soccer (NCAA Division III)
To see a full list of academic programs offered, enrollment information, financial aid details, and more, please take a look at the school's website at http://www.laroche.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may provide a better idea of the candidates LRC accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college or dual credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at La Roche College is about 1,500. The student body is made up of 92% undergraduate students and 19% graduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $26,000-$31,000 for both in-state and out-of-state students
- Part time students pay in the range of $650 to $770 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||78%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||75%||$16,743|
|Receiving Student Loans||51%||$6,183|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, La Roche College may provide services to students like those listed below:
- Online course work available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Counseling assistance
- Student employment
- Assistance to find work
La Roche College has an overall graduation rate which is close to 46%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||32%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||10%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||1%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Art and Design Program
- Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) Program
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program
- Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN) Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
La Roche College is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division III (without football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Division Iii Independents)
- Basketball (Division Iii Independents)
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by La Roche College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Family and Consumer Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to La Roche College.
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State New Kensington in New Kensington, PA (16 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Beaver in Monaca, PA (16 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Greater Allegheny in McKeesport, PA (18 miles away)
- Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania in Slippery Rock, PA (34 miles away)
- West Liberty University in West Liberty, WV (38 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities:
- Review a complete list of all the Pennsylvania colleges
- See all private colleges in Pennsylvania
- See if these other Christian Colleges in Pennsylvania may interest you?
Information displayed on this page has been obtained from Institution, State, and Federal data sources, including the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Survey 2010-2016. Information should be solely used for informational purposes only and may not be accurate for the current year. Contact La Roche College for official up-to-date information.